Yule Winter Solstice Celebrations

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Yule Winter Solstice Celebrations

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

We are now into December which means that the Sacred Sabbath of Yule Winter Solstice is coming.

Time to start Planning on what we are going to do to Celebrate the Winter Solstice!

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
      Participant

Awens to All:

Looks like the Secret Lanterns Winter Solstice Festival is still doing Virtual Simulcast and is only allowing a few Live Participants.

So I guess I will not be going there.

3X3

david poole
        Participant

I might be going out and meeting with some friends I want to see real people not an online meeting

Dave TheDruid-3X3
          Participant

Awens to All:

We are now well into December and it is about time to Plan on what we are going to do to Celebrate Winter Solstice.

There is a Restaurant called Martini’s in Vancouver where I had a nice Date with a Ladyfriend for 2019’s Winter Solstice .

The thing is, it was recently announced that the Martini Family is Retiring and they are not carrying on with their Restaurant Business so are Closing Down their Restaurant. I guess they do not have anyone willing to carry on keeping their Restaurant going.

In recent times, having to Work Late a lot especially in December, I do not think I will stay up late to Celebrate the Solstice but will turn in early instead of going out.

So after Work, I think I will just get a Takeaway from Martini’s. I think I will get one of their Famous Pizzas as I did not try it in 2019 then go to Bed early.

I am getting their Pizza in one of their Monogrammed Boxes to have as a Collector’s Item to have as a Keepsake of the Martini’s Restaurant.

3X3

Paul Beer
            Participant

I will be visiting my local paleolithic burial chamber, at sunset on the winter solstice the setting sun sends a shaft of light into the chamber. A couple of us should be there to light a candle and do some gentle rattling and drumming and just take it from there.

We will return early the next morning before sunrise to drum up the sun, and then go for a big cooked breakfast at the cafe a couple of miles away down the road.

This gets followed by Sol Invictus which is on the 25th this year, this usually involves me going out locally with a drum to Hail the Unconquered Sun.

Within the first 2 weeks of the new year I hold a wassail for the fruit trees on my allotment, sharing blessings and wishes of good health.

It’s a busy time… A couple of weeks later and it’s imbolc, after which things can slow down for a bit

I am new to druidry. As this is my first winter solstice, can anyone recommend any rituals, offerings, or practices which I can do on my own?

Paul Beer
              Participant

In order of preference:

Find a high place with a clear view to the south west. Go there on Thursday morning before sunrise and wait. Observe the stillness of the dark, and the changes as the light increases. Watch the sun rise, if you have a drum, drum the sun up until it is clear of the horizon. Or clap, sing, use a rattle.

If this is not possible, there is a suggested solo ritual on the BDO Facebook page from previous years (look through the past events tab on the page)
                This link should work

https://m.facebook.com/events/2019739658141100/?action_context=%25257B%252522action_history%252522%25253A%252522null%252522%25257D

Dave TheDruid-3X3
                Participant

Awens to All:

It is now December and it is Time to start Planning what we are going to do in order to Celebrate Yule.

This Year, it is on a Thursday which is a Work Day so I might just be doing a Fancy Meal In for Yule.

3X3

Joseph M-L
                  Participant

Hail!

I am considering either Avebury, Stonehenge or West Kennet, or Glastonbury Tor (the easy option for me as I’m 5 mins away!) this will be my first solstice as a certified Bard, so looking forward to it!

Dave TheDruid-3X3
                    Participant

Awens to All:

Happy Yule Winter Solstice!!!

3X3

Michael Broschi
                      Participant

I’m across the pond in Maryland and wish I were in your locale to celebrate the holidays with you. Alas, I celebrate Alban Arthan/the Winter Solstice with you in spirit and wish all of you bright blessings!

Slan,

Michael

Dave the Druid
                        Participant

May All, have a blessed yule celebration of the winter solstice. My celebration will be quite reflection on the past year. Down! Freya, no! New rescue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.