Wolves

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dannorix
    Participant

I just finished two beautiful and powerful books about wolves, which I highly recommend. “The Rise of Wolf 8” and “The Reign of Wolf 21” by Rick McIntyre tell the tale of the reintroduction of wolves in Yellowstone Park, and centers around the forming of the Druid Peak Pack and their mighty alpha pair female 42 and male 21. Ricks intimite observations show us the full glory of their loyalty, fierceness and tenderness, but also the brutality and hardships of wild nature. Especially the portrayal of Wolf 21 as the benevolent, caring and protective king of Yellowstone and his deep and loving bond with 42 is absolutely gripping. You can’t get any closer to wolves and all their intricacies than with these books.

david poole
    Participant

This sounds very interesting Dannorix, wolves have their own society which is very different from humans and I believe that those differences can teach us some important lessons. Please share more with us Dannorix

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi Dannorix.

I haven’t read the books, but I am familiar with the rewilding and reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone. I believe that it really helped restore the natural balance of the area and was overall positive for the ecosystem. I’ll definitely make a note of the books you mention. In the meantime, why don’t you add them to the Bookshelf thread in the Bardic forum? A quick review?

Bennathow
    /|\

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept