Whole earth druids

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Whole earth druids

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

in general, I see and feel druidry is an extension of the whole earth movement of the 70s, except, this time we will get it right. the only real thread that holds us all together is a kind of love for nature, a lets get back to the land attitude, and lets get naked and discover the wonders of nature, rolling in the rushes down by the riverside. After that, you can’t get 3 druids to agree on anything. we are a do your own thing kind of people, and let’s grow tomatoes and our own smoke. what killed the 70s was Charly Manson, plain and simple, after his crew terrorized Hollywood and the rich in LA, being a hippy was no longer cool. the hippies cut their hair and put on khakis instead of bell bottoms. this was when the me generation and disco got big with the college girls, it was already big with the gays. and during this time people drifted from get back to nature, and got into get away from nature. it was a big mistake. Because for a while it could have gone the other way. but for the most part the hippies blew it, and just drifted off, some survived, but still the seeds were planted and now the oak tress are starting to grow again. at the same time I find it a discouraging time in druidry because no one wants to take a stand on what druidry is, and there are so many wacky ideas out there, and people claiming that they know the way, that the whole thing becomes disconnected more and more. Still druidry is beautiful, and I return to the best of the hippy culture for the start of whole earth druidry. so focus, don’t think

Anonymous

when we find all is interconnected, that is when we transcend time and space, that is when we find that the history of druids, and just when things happened long ago, are not so important, when you remember who you were, a kite upon the wind blowing through eternity, dancing through eternity. let the ageless unfold druids, let your spirit fly, there was a lion in a glen, who met a unicorn, now you were always meant to fly, you are a wingful of eye.

Anonymous

realize that the plant kingdom is not lower on the hierarchy of evolution, and to become aware that, in some ways, they are more evolved than people are.

Thea Summer Deer. Wisdom of the Plant Devas: Herbal Medicine for a New Earth (Kindle Locations 223-224). Inner Traditions/Bear & Company. Kindle Edition.

Anonymous

I am starting to feel like the term druid, is not really a term that has much to do with ancient druidry, it is more of a term for people who are interested in earth magic, faeries, and living a better lifestyle, one thing for sure is that most folks live in a hierarchal society, where everything is looked on as the great chain of being. I say eff that. monkeys are just as evolved as people, respect the monkey. plants are probably more evolved than us. I know a cat named calico cat, and she is very proud of being a cat, and her cat ears, and her cat tail, and she let me know it that I am no better than she is just because I am a human, and she always tells me that cat ears are better than human ears, and that I don’t have a tail. however, I do think cats are bit obsessed about showing off their assholes, and yes assholes are two things that cats and people have in common.

Anonymous

still the best definition I have heard of druidry is a druid is a hippy with a drum, and I think that is what druids are. and where else would the spirituality of the 70s find a home, plus what is wrong with the 70s spirituality of get back to nature. if you read the writings of Ross Nichols, I think you will find that his message was you need to get back to nature, so goodby yellow brick road, and hello country comfort. now, yes there are druids who are in it for the history and authurian life, and there are druids who are raving christians and want to mix druidry with Celtic christianity, and the lost city of Zion, and the motley crew, let’x not forget them, but I thought the best thing about the 70s was the hippy spirituality, and oh yes the sex, back before aids the party was in full swing, and free love was real. still, there are some druids like me who are clan members of the tuatha de danann and our tour of druidry is very different that most of the party goers. and then there are the ego trippers, who live for rank and chiefdomship, which I would wish on no-one. but some people like the power, not me. druidry is under a big umbrella, or should I say brolly.

Anonymous

When one isn’t dominated by feelings of separateness from what he’s working on, then one can be said to “care” about what he’s doing. That is what caring really is, a feeling of identification with what one’s doing. When one has this feeling then he also sees the inverse side of caring, Quality itself.

Pirsig, Robert M.. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (p. 267). HarperCollins e-books. Kindle Edition.

Anonymous

see really think about that, quality is not caring, see caring has nothing to do with quality, When one isn’t dominated by feelings of separateness from what he’s working on, then one can be said to “care” about what he’s doing, the key words are when one is not dominated by feelings of separateness from what he’s working on. do you feel dominated by feelings of separateness in your work? do you think all things are connected, like a web, or a fabric of the universe, do you think the fabric of the universe needs fabric softener, and what would be the answer to the answer man, well there plenty of answers in the afterlife,

Anonymous

So the thing to do when working on a motorcycle, as in any other task, is to cultivate the peace of mind which does not separate one’s self from one’s surroundings. When that is done successfully then everything else follows naturally. Peace of mind produces right values, right values produce right thoughts. Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work

Pirsig, Robert M.. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (p. 267). HarperCollins e-books. Kindle Edition.

Anonymous

I have met lots of people who say they are druids after 6 Guinness Extra Stouts, and these same people often say they are gay after 12 Guinness Stouts. red necks are the same way, the more they drink, the gayer they get. Still, few druids believe in faeries, and most dismiss them as folklore, and myth. Not me, I know they are real, and myth is real to me, it just means a type of story with heroes and otherworld animals in it. But many druids do not believe in the otherworld, because it is just too much for them to handle. and it is not worth wasting the energy on people who don’t believe in the Celtic Otherworld. if fact it is better not to try, but what a world they are missing out on. anyway I am gland I don’t drink, who needs it, who needs the hangovers, or the stupid behavior, or not remembering how you got home, or even the fight you got into that now is the reason you have fewer teeth.

Anonymous

I wonder about reincarnation, does anyone really know, I have talked to enough spirits to know that there is somekind of afterlife, but the afterlife people are real quiet about what happens to you, and why is that? I wonder. you would think someone would have an answer for real with all that stuff. I guess we got some things to talk about here beside the rising tide.

Anonymous

Uncle John’s Band
    Grateful Dead
    Well the first days are the hardest days, don’t you worry any more
    ‘Cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door
    Think this through with me, let me know your mind
    Woah-oh, what I want to know, is are you kind?
    It’s a buck dancer’s choice my friend better take my advice
    You know all the rules by now and the fire from the ice
    Will you come with me won’t you come with me
    Woah-oh, what I want to know, will you come with me?
    Goddamn, well I declare, have you seen the like
    Their wall are built of cannonballs, their motto is don’t tread on me
    Come hear Uncle John’s Band playing to the tide
    Come with me, or go alone, he’s come to take his children home
    It’s the same story the crow told me; it’s the only one he knows
    Like the morning sun you come and like the wind you go
    Ain’t no time to hate, barely time to wait
    Woah-oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?
    I live in a silver mine and I call it “Beggar’s Tomb”
    I got me a violin and I beg you call the tune
    Anybody’s choice, I can hear your voice
    Woah-oh, what I want to know, how does the song go
    Come hear Uncle John’s Band by the riverside
    Got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide
    Come on along, or go alone, he’s come to take his children home
    Woah-oh, what I want to know, how does the song go?
    Come hear Uncle John’s Band by the riverside
    Got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide
    Come on along, or go alone, he’s come to take his children home

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.