What is your power animal and can you share an experience of it with us?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum What is your power animal and can you share an experience of it with us?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spellcaster
    Participant

What is your power animal and can you share an experience of it with us?

My power animal is the Peregrine. The fierce Falcon has special symbolism and meaning in Egypt, where it represented the rising Sun. Many depictions of the Gods bore a Falcon head, most notably Ra the solar deity. As the “king” of birds, Falcon represents victory, rulership, and overcoming. Like other birds, Falcon also signifies the Higher Self and connections with the spirit world.

Europeans treasured Falcons for their hunting assistance and saw them as an emblem of war. Germans consider Falcon Spirit as an aspect of Loki, the clever trickster, Frigg (the Goddess of wisdom), and Wodan (the All-Father). Bundle these together, and you discover an Animal Spirit that inspires vision, leadership, purpose, and who offers protection, especially during transitional periods in life.

One of the most popular Falcons is the Peregrine, known to be quite the traveler. This bird lives throughout the globe and migrates as necessary. Analytical and strategic, the Peregrine Falcon observes its prey and considers the best way to obtain that goal. As a Spirit Animal Falcon teaches us this skill – focusing all our attention on one thing so we can manifest that desire in the most efficient manner possible.

Falcon’s alignment with solar energy brings fiery power into the equation. Falcon asks: what is your passion? Are you acting on that passion intelligently? The pursuit of objectives comes naturally to Falcon, but not without having a tactical plan laid out.

Other characteristics ascribed to Falcon include energy, foresight, ambition, courage, willpower, transformation, vision, mental acuity, freedom, control, magickal aptitude, and a bright life-force.

david poole
    Participant

That is a very powerful set of associations BlueFalcon. I think that the falcon is a very powerful animal indeed and you have found the right guide. For myself, I have always found the wolf to be a very powerful guide. They can work alone or in a pack, meaning that they can make the most of any situation, which we all need to do at some point in our lives. There is a connection with the moon, which is something which I resonate with very closely. I like the howling, they are very good at expressing themselves, I guess I am too there are many ways to howl. They can be fiercesome but also very protective of their pack, I feel that I am like that too. I feel that they only take what they need, although they are hunters, which is something which I can appreciate in both ways. The Celts used to revere wolves, although this is something which I need to look into a little more. They were popular in other cultures too. I see my wolf spirit as being very understanding and nurturing as well as protective, which is something which not everyone might expect. I am always thrilled when I see wolves being themselves in outdoor settings. They can be prowlers, but that only happens when they are looking for something that they need, which we can all do. The various aspects of the wolf spirit can explain many different things.

Spellcaster
    Participant

There is here no measuring with time, no year matters, and ten years are nothing. Being an artist means, not reckoning and counting, but ripening like the tree which does not force it’s sap and stands confident in the storms of Spring without the fear that after them may come no Summer. It does come. I learn it daily, learn it with pain to which I am grateful

Rainer Maria Rilke

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I have Three Power Animals:
    – The Cat,
    – The Salmon,
    – And The Raven.

Nice Triad. Might make a Good Anchor Triad for one of my 3X3 Triad Poems.

3X3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept