Weaving The Web

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scratchy
    Participant

Hi all, first time in the forum and after a little bit of help if you please. I am working through the exercises and trying to under stand everything prior to actually casting my circle but I’m slightly confused by the Weaving The Web? I was hoping someone could explain this process in more detail please as I don’t quite get it about cutting the threads and reweaving them afterwards

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi there,

Good question, and different people will obviously have different takes on it.

Here’s my take:
    imagine yourself creating your circle, for whatever reason you’re doing this, now imagine all of things you are connected to in the whole world, like strands of energy or threads radiating out of you, all connected to these things; with your hands, wand, ritual blade or whatever other tool – real or visualised – that you prefer, “cut” the threads you want to be free of during the working, focus on the ones you want on the other hand. For example, you may want to make a connection to your landscape, but not be distracted with interference from work, studies or your social life. You’d focus on the threads that connect to the trees and the land and so on and ritually “cut” the other ones. A simple hand gesture, like untying a knot and releasing the threads could work, too. Once you have done what you set out to achieve, revisualise the other threads and “retie” them – reweaving with your hands, so to speak. I prefer the tying and untying idea myself, but that’s just me.

The idea is to create a space in the circle that is a concentration of power on what you want and is free of unwanted distractions or influences.

Hope that helps.

Bennathow
    /|\

Scratchy
    Participant

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, yes that explanation now makes alot more sense and has helped me understand the importance of this, I will definetly be putting this to use, thank you

Dowrgi
    Participant

You’re very welcome. As I said, it’s just my take on it, but I’m glad that it may be of some help.

Bennathow
    /|\

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept