Walking Staff Making

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Walking Staff Making

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Just finished a Walking Stick.

It is an Alder taking from the Community Garden during a September 12th Sramadana. The Handle is Carved from a large chunk of Alder.

Walking Stick

Now I am working on a set of Walking Stick dedicated to the Community Garden I like working on.

3X3

Fun-Gus
    Participant

Beautifully decorated Yin/Yang Cane. Must give balance when walking uneven woods.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

After getting access to my Wood Working Shop again, I am able to work on my Walking Sticks again.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

After Months & Months of being a Workaholic, I finally got a couple of hours today to strip the Bark off of one Stick that I am working on and got the Final Touches done to another that I have been trying to get done since last Spring.

It is from an Alder Tree that I took from the BVS Temple Grounds. It has a Head Piece that is a Sacred Yin/Yang on one side and the BVS Symbol on the other.

Here is the Finished Walking Stick:

BVS Walking Stick

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

And here is the other side of the Head Piece which is the BVS Symbol:

BVS Walking Stick Head Piece

3X3

True Owl
    Participant

Wow ! You’ve certainly got a skill, with all these walking sticks that you make.

Lovely finish to them.

Well done.

Blessings,

True Owl.

Mark Scales
    Participant

I think the walking sticks are awesome so good to see creative work being posted on the forum. Honestly look great well done.

I am hoping to get out to Fritton Woods myself this week to find myself a fallen branch that I can make my own walking stick from.

Simon Robson
    Participant

I myself have some walking sticks I sometimes use in rituals. Two have metal cores one is a shaleliah style hammer end and the other has an owl on its head. I mostly use mine on videos so they are more visual: I use videos to promote my books: although less so lately: because I live off the money I get from writing books on occultism. I found that naming them helped. I named them
    THE TITFIELD THUNDERBOLT (A TRAIN FROM AN EALING FILM)
    GENEVIEVE (A CAR FROM ANOTHER EALING FILM)
    OWL WAND
    THE HAMMER

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Hey Simon:

Please Post Some Pictures of Your Walking Sticks!

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

After several months of being Busy with doing Construction General Laboring and Property Maintenance, I have finally gotten around to working on my Walking Stick Artwork.

Last Spring, while I was working on the BVS Temple Community Gardens, I took an Alder Branch and started making it into a BVS Walking Stick.

Today, I finally got around to getting it finished. It is the 2nd BVS Walking Stick that I have made.

The Front is the BVS Logo while on the other side is the Yin/Yang Symbol which is Black & White.

Here it is:

2nd BVS Walking Stick

3X3

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept