Walking Staff Making

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Walking Staff Making

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Here is my Newest Completed Hiking Stick:

July 12 Maple Walking Stick

I made it from a Branch taken from the Giant Maple Tree that is located on the Grounds of the Buddhist Temple Community Garden that I like Volunteering for.

I kept it for a week in my Hot Car to try to Dry It Out as best I can in Hopes that when I take the Bark off that the Outer Wood Ring would not Split Apart like what happened to my Canada Day Maple Stick.

Keeping it in the Hot Car for a Week did not matter so the Wood Split again which I had to fill in with Wood Putty.

I then Sanded it smooth and gave it a Coat of Varnish then applied Handle and Foot Pad.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

And here is my Newly Finished Hiking Stick with Three Others that I now have up for either Adoption or Sale:

Four Hiking Sticks

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Not only am I Crafting Hiking Sticks, but I am also using such Crafts for mending Tools from the Community Garden.

Here is a Broken Pitch Fork with a Fallen Branch that I thought would make a good Replacement Handle:

Broken Pitch Fork

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

And after I Crafted a New Pitch Fork Handle of out the Branch and having Painted the shaft Yellow:

Restored Pitch Fork

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Just finished my latest Walking Stick.

It is from a Foraging Meetup that I went on and I dragged this Branch out of the Forest to make into a Walking Stick that Commemorated the Meetup Event.

I just finished it off and it is Dedicated to ‘Peace Between The Races’.

Here it is:

Peace Races Stick

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Just Finished a New Walking/Hiking Stick.

It is made from a Fallen Alder Branch that I found at South Delta Recreation Center when I went there to do some Invasive Weed Removal in the Park.

I had my First Go at Carving a Fish Handle Head Piece for the Streamkeeper Creek Hiking Stick that I decided to make in Commemoration of the July 28th Invasive Weed Removal that we did that day.

Here is the Finished Streamkeeper Walking Stick that I made:

Yellow Fish Walking Stick

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

And here is a Closeup of the Yellow Fish Headpiece:

Yellow Fish Headpiece

3X3

david poole
    Participant

Amazing work there 3 x 3 you have done well.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I have always Tried Doing Well.

The 2nd Yellow Fish Headpiece is already in Production.

So stay Tuned.

3X3

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept