Tutors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Greetings and blessings all, great new site – and I thought I would try out the new forum rather than FB 🙂
    I’ve decided, finally, to begin the Bardic grade (joined over 3 years ago now!) and can’t find many details on tutors. I am currently studying the OBOD Ovate grade and aware of the need to contact tutors on a regular basis on that particular course. How does the BDO system work? I am aware that work has to be submitted to the team at the end of the grade but is regular contact with a tutor necessary? (and how do I get in touch with a tutor?). What are your experiences with tutors?

Thanks

Ben ‘Crowbeard’

Oak Strong
    Participant

Hi Ben,

If you don’t get the answers you’re looking for here, try sending a message to tutors@druidry.co.uk. They can help you with everything tutor related. Just give them time to respond.

Blessings,

Oak Strong

Will do, thanks and blessings to you

Anonymous

Hi Crowbeard, What did you learn about visualization form the OBOD? And what is their big secret at the end of the course? Was it really something that was not obvious, or that can not be found in a million books on witchcraft and druids, or just a big sales tease? I welcome you to the BDO. I think you have made a wise choice and will learn a great deal about bard work from your fellow BDO druids, and from reading the course material. And I encourage you to share with us what you know. Please share with your fellow druids what you learned over at the OBOD. Did you feel that the OBOD was too new age based? What did you think about building a grove in you mind? And what were your experiences with raising energy? I feel that the different ranks in Druidry are nothing more than merit badges, and don’t mean a thing. Being a Druid to me is about a relationship with nature and the Celtic Gods and Goddesses, and the good folk, faery people. What do you think it is? And the definition of Dogma, is believing something just because someone in authority, like a druid with lots of merit badges, and who claims power from early druids, says something is true. I say think for yourself, and don’t trust authority. Best to look around and make your own decisions and not follow leaders. The only leader you have is yourself and your life experiences. Best Star-tree

Dowrgi
    Participant

I feel that the different ranks in Druidry are nothing more than merit badges, and don’t mean a thing.

I don’t look at them as ranks, a bard is a bard, an ovate is an ovate and a druid is a druid. The study, practice and time required serves a purpose, but let’s not forget that our druid spiritual ancestors took over twenty years, according to the ancient sources, to attain their status. I know many modern druid groups have a progression of “levels”, but I really don’t think they should be viewed as anyhow superior to each other as if they were some kind of military rank.

I also look at the study, the reflection and the effort as putting in energy so that energy will flow back, there’s never something for nothing in this world, or the other ones.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Welcome to you.

Bennathow.
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

I think that the three grades of Bard, Ovate and Druid definitely represent three different and distinct kinds of knowledge, experience and practice; having done some work within all of the different areas and met with different people then yes, I can definitely say that this is so. At the moment I am working heavily with the Bardic grade, but frequently I will encounter knowledge that does not fit within these areas. Each grade is a separate and distinct area of study and it is probably best to focus on one at a time, or you may overwork yourself and spread yourself too thinly.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi David.

I agree with you. To each thing its natural time and course, just like the laws of nature in which each thing has its season, its cycle and its course.

Bennathow.
    /|\

Anonymous

Thank you, I too am wishing to link up with a tutor and will use this email.
    Blessings,
    Mountain goat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.