The Stonehenge

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

There has been constant Controversies about there being some sort of need for a Tunnel to be put under the Stonehenge for the last Decade or so.

Not only am I against it but I can not see any need for this Tunnel as the current Roadways are perfectly fine in my opinion and does need any Tunnel.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Looks like Unesco had decreed that if that Tunnel under The Stonehenge is put through that they will Revoke its Unesco World Heritage Site Status and withdraw any Funding that they Pay for the ongoing Upkeep that The Stonehenge needs:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art…oes-ahead.html

But there seems to be this Grant Shapps is Dead Determined to put that Tunnel Through, no matter what others think.

Is he Elected or one of those Government Bureaucrats who has had Too Much Power and Influence put into his Hands?

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant
    Dowrgi
    Participant

When I was a child, you could go right up to the stones. There was nothing much really there and the stones were “free”. Quite frankly, now, I prefer Avebury. Nevertheless, it’s very sad in my opinion that this tunnel idea was ever even contemplated, leave that land alone and don’t disturb what lies beneath it.

Bennathow
    /|\

Dowrgi
    Participant
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I found this Internet Petition Link against the Tunnel:
    https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-stonehenge-world-heritage-site

I have Signed it now.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

That is some good news at least. How long do you think it will last for?

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Those Assholes are Dead Determined to see that Tunnel Through.

So we will find out How Long it will last for.

Maybe about a Year.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Someone has put me onto this:
    https://lbi-archpro.org/cs/stonehenge/

Another Great Archeological Find in area of The Stonehenge.

3X3

Dowrgi
    Participant

The whole area should be left alone. From an archaeological point of view, it’s a veritable treasure trove of information, knowledge and – obviously – priceless archaeological material. From a spiritual point of view, at least for many, it’s sacred land and has been for millennia, in fact, some evidence suggests that natural geology and the effects of glaciations actually carved the two tracks into the land that pointed to the sunrises/sunsets at the solstices “coincidentally”, long before people erected anything, The ancient peoples who saw this must have wondered at this sight, and site, and the rest is prehistory …

In short, leave the place alone.

Bennathow
    /|\

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept