The Source

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Startree
    Participant

I was wondering about druids’ thoughts about the concept of a source of all things, and is this where awen comes from? I feel that there is a source of all things and that awen is experienced as the flowing inspiration that comes from this source, awen as a creative inspiration. Further, if you every study any Jung, then you will find that Jung had the same idea about how things work, but he did not use the word awen, but the concept of inspiration flowing from the source is in Jung’s work. I also feel that miracle healing and natural healing also comes from having a connection with this universal source of life and creative energy. Further, different cultures have different names for the source, and some might call it god. And, the different religions or archetypes we take on determine how the source will relate to us.

The other thing I would still argue is that Christianity, with its emphasis on the male sky god as the dominate form of god, and that women should be subservient to men is one of the reasons that the world is in such a state of ecological collapse. I understand that some Christians are cool, but the hard liners, like the catholic church, do not have women priest, and many husbands use the Christian teachings to justify the right of men to dominate women. So, I don’t feel that the argument that some Christians respect the environment is enough to justify all the harm that the Christian minions have done to contributing to the ecological disaster on this earth. And we can also see the male domination, in the catholic churches’ pedophiles, who try to dominate children so the priests can feel powerful, the result, is that children are psychologically damaged for life.

Therefore, I argue that there is a source, and the way that you connect with this source will determine how you experience life and what the world will be like for all of us. I would also argue that it is impossible to describe or define the source except though art and metaphor.

Startree
    Participant

The source seems to be like the Tao (Dow). And this is why you cannot describe it. I am not sure how awen relates to the Tao, but five moonstones that the TE is close to awen. What does the Bardass say about the source, and the Tao?

Startree
    Participant

still much of the ecological disaster we are having on earth is from the corporations and economic leaders, who by the way are responsible for all modern wars, bankers wars, to make people use the US dollar or Russian or china currency. Jesus was very mystical and I had a lot of good ideas until the crazies got hold of him and used them for profit and control. he took the hero journey and brought back the trophy of eternal life from the land of dead, after three days, or so the story goes, and some people think there are only 7 basic stories or plots on earth. and by the way, I doubt god looks like an old man, more like an archetype of an old man is what a lot of people think god looks like, well, even the gods have to get energy from somewhere, and that somewhere is the source, or tao, or what ever you want to call it. the source speaks to different cultures in different ways, and that is why we have to be tolerant of different religions, I guess, but I am also concerned about what I care about, and if a religion is just evil, it’s more like I just try to avoid it, than tolerate it. also the tao wisdom started a long time ago, back in the bc. meditate on it, and a bowl of brambles for the storyteller. I wish we had more answers from the druids, but the christians made sure that the druid culture and wisdom died, so now we have the Neo pagan weird wisdoms, and few guides to work on, but the source should guide us if we listen to its creative wisdom, or at least send us some clues. or of course we could invent druidtology, and base it all on psychology. at least Neo paganism will help us see the truth about things and not act like the ugly and evil does not exist. so as druids we are left to discover our own way, and it is hoped, a better way. Still I like watching my tv, and driving cars, and sprays that keep the midges from bitting. the Neo pagans shall inherit middle earth.

Startree
    Participant

all things come from the source, all things return to the source, all animals and plants are sacred. all is one. you are sacred. you are from the source.

david poole
    Participant

What do you see as the source Startree? Is it Mother Earth? Is it the Sun, source of all of our energy? I feel as if this source is much closer to us than we think.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Well, physics teaches us that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, thus we have to conclude it has always existed. Perhaps the druids of old had some inkling of eternity, hence the lack of any Celtic creation myth known to date. And, of course, our Sun itself was formed out of something else.

Bennathow
    /|\

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept