The Soul

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Angela Lawton
    Participant

I have been back to The Ceile De website and find that this particular path resonates with me quite strongly however the teaching states that we ‘grow a soul’ and I would say we are born with a soul, a fully formed soul that incarnates a physical body. I wondered what the Druid perspective is on this?

Dannorix
    Participant

As our soul journeys through the realms by means of metempsychosis to experience all forms of conciousness, I would say that we are indeed born with a soul.

Dowrgi
    Participant

That’s a very profound question for a Monday morning! 🙂

I’m not sure what exactly is meant by “we grow a soul”, could you expand a little on the teaching?

As for a druid perspective, I’d agree with Dannorix. Nevertheless, this does not preclude spiritual growth or development.

Bennathow
    /|\

Roland Lee
    Participant

Gaelic words carry subtle meanings so I imagine we each grow in awareness of our souls. This also nurtures them and so they appear to ‘grow’.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Of course, there is also the question as to whether we have just one soul. For those of us brought up in “modern” Western and/or European cultures, amongst others, the general consensus – accepting the existence of souls in the first place – is that there is just one because that is the cultural framework within which we’ve been brought up. However, this has not always been the case and in some parts of the world the belief in more than one soul is traditional. I have come across the idea that among some Celtic peoples, in the folk traditions, the idea of another soul or soul-double in the Otherworld was also believed in. In terms of reincarnation, again, this is something that was also believed in by some members of the early Christian Church and does indeed have parallels in some Jewish schools of thought even though today it is generally associated with Eastern and/or dharmic belief systems.

Bennathow
    /|\

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Thanks for the replies guys| I’ve been back on the Ceile De website and can’t find the passage where Sister Fionntulach said she was going to carry out activities to grow her soul I’m sure I didn’t misread it, she does say the teachings will give you tools to help facilitate inner growth. Ceile De is not bound by the Bible and The Old Testament where the creation story says that on the sixth day God declares his intention to make a being in his own image which is saying we are already Divine so there is nothing to strive for.
    However I believe that reincarnation was part of the belief system of the early Christians and there are clues in The Old and New Testament that point to this for instance in The Gospel of John there is the recounting of Mary Magdalene going to the tomb looking for Jesus’s body. She doesn’t recognise him and mistakes him for the gardener until he calls her by name and then she says “Rabbouni” which means teacher. This suggests to me that Jesus was appearing in the spirit and not in the physical body hence the reason she didn’t recognise him until he speaks. Also Christianity makes a lot more sense if reincarnation is part of the belief system and you replace the word sin for karma.

Angela Lawton
    Participant

I believe after being created in God’s image man descends into the physical world and the soul becomes entangled in karmic actions or sin. Christ is the liberator and frees you from sin or karma whichever label you prefer. I do not expect this belief system to work for everyone I may add.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Glad to be of some help.

Bennathow
    /|\

Simon Robson
    Participant

Soul is such a big thing that I cannot see any being being able to be fully itself without one. Its such a part of us all we must be born with one because otherwise I do not think we could function. Saying that I have written 599 books on occultism and do not think I have mentioned the souls in any of them: they are sort of there but unnamed things like souls are for religions and philosophers but if no souls what are we?

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Hello Simon could you expand on the contents of your books I am intrigued.

Angela Lawton
    Participant

I went from being a self-employed complementary therapist of fourteen years to a self-employed writer & artist about 5 years ago now. I wasn’t very successful at the writing and art and have since thrown the towel in however I did write six books mainly children’s books with illustrations. You can find one of my children’s books as an eBook at Barnes & Noble on their Nook books it’s called Tetragrammaton. I don’t do any art or writing these days.

Simon Robson
    Participant

Most of my books are hands on magick using my own system. In my system something more like a ritual is done with words. Doorway entities are used to open doorways so that the main entity or entities can come through, they are then told what we want them to do and they agree and depart and we get the doorway being to shut the doorway again. But there are just under 600 books, writing 599th now. But there are lots of books with stuff I barely remember. These days I need to refer to my own books. They tend to make theoretical occultists: people that read occult books but not longer work the magick; into proper occultists again. Some people have thought I am part alien or an ascended master because the number of books on occultism I have written is a world record: no one in history has ever written that number of books on that subject in history meaning I have literally done something the other 104 billion people who ever lived were unable to do. The truth is probably is boring I am just a guy writing books that writes and does magick a lot. People can do much more than they think they can if they just let themselves and do not let themselves and the notion of what is possible and impossible get in the way. I write under the name S Rob.

Simon Robson
    Participant

just thought I would add that I wrote some fiction and they all have the same problem no matter what the key figure is called many of my fans assume its really me. I wrote a book where a character was walking through hell and there was were people that assumed that it was me actually walking through hell. I wrote a book about a guy travelling through heaven and the same thing happened. I even wrote a book about a hit man called Mac hit and again some people he was really me and that I was or am a hitman: that one was short lived thank god. Its a bugger when you have to go to the druids for some sensible common sense. lol

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Thanks Simon,
    The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
    The Lord make his face shine upon thee,
    and be gracious unto thee.
    The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee
    and give thee peace.

Dave the Druid
    Participant

As we are born we come into the world with little understanding. As we grow we become self aware. With this awareness is the start of learning about our selves. The notion of soul pops up (in western culture) in the popular media. So we get it young. That we have a soul is almost taken for granted. I have studied the Eastern systems and for this I want to focus on 1 soul at a time. I think I have one soul, I have have seen my death and where I go next. I can still recognize me in the next life. I don’t perceive a life before this, though others can. I think that something exists and may even go on or continue. Soul is as good as any name you wish to assign to something that is an article of belief.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept