The need for peace

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum The need for peace

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    david poole
    Participant

I have become aware of the terrible conflict which is currently striking the Middle East once again and it is very frightening, it makes me wonder what I can do as an individual and what we can do as a group to create greater peace in the world, for there is already too much violence and conflict. Somehow prayer and meditation don’t seem to be enough and I am now wondering, what can we actually do? As spiritual people surely we ought to be doing something.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Yes David. It’s very upsetting, not just in the Middle East, but armed conflict, violence and hatred seem to be ever more present all around the world, but indeed more so it seems in some regions. I understand what you mean when you write that prayer and meditation do not seem to suffice, however, as individuals, I am at a loss for what we can actually do to change things, however, perhaps the albeit very small fact that we’re discussing it here, is something positive. Sorry that I can’t offer anything more constructive.

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

Thank you for your response Dowrgi, indeed it is troubling. This conflict I feel comes up sooner or later for any people of a spiritual disposition, and there are no easy answers.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

There are always Terrible Conflicts in the Middle East.

Let Me Know when Something Else is New.

3X3

Dowrgi
    Participant

There are always Terrible Conflicts in the Middle East.

Let Me Know when Something Else is New.

3X3

As druids – bards, ovates and druids by extension, one of our fundamental principles is that we call for peace, peace within and without and in all four directions – the bardic sword is never fully unsheathed. I don’t think we could be resigned to this without compromising our principles.

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

What we need to do is to avoid focussing on one problem which has never gone and will probably never entirely go away, 3 x 3 makes a good point. I was reading the news and came across other disasters, crimes, missing people, peace means that everyone should be at peace. The problem is much broader than one time place and people. I was reading about a volcanic disaster and wondering how people might be suffering there as well.

Dave the Druid
    Participant

Doing small things to encourage peace is something I do. It is simple, be good to all. Help where you can. A small pebble can make can make wide reaching ripples.

Peace and Harmony,
    Dave the Druid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept