The Library

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

I just had a look in the Library of the Members Home Page and noticed that there is nothing there are is written by Celtic Paganistic Scholars such as Emma Restall-Orr, Philip Carr-Gomme or the BDO’s Philip Shallcrass.

Everything there is Old and Out of Copywrite.

Can’t there be a few copies of works by Druidistic Works that is more recent and by Modern Scholars such as the ones I mentioned?

And how can one submit something to the Library? I would Love to submit my Treasury of Druidistic Triads to your Library.

Dave TheDruid-3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Here is something I found that is Interesting from the Internet Archive:
    https://archive.org/details/gri_33125008491215/page/n57/mode/2up

It is an Old Picture Book of The Stonehenge that is over 100 years old so it is Out of Copyright.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Here is the Mythology & Rites of the British Druids:
    https://archive.org/details/gri_33125008491215/page/n57/mode/2up

Published in 1807, it is something that could be included in the BDO Library.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

To find other good Druidistic Publications on Internet Archive, just do a Search for ‘Druids’.

3X3

Dowrgi
    Participant

Everything there is Old and Out of Copywrite.

That’s why its available here and free. 😀

Here is the Mythology & Rites of the British Druids:
    Published in 1807, it is something that could be included in the BDO Library.

To be honest, I tend to avoid anything written on the druids between the 18th and early 20th centuries unless it’s directly dealing with folklore and folk stories or genuine Celtic literature. Most of what was written about druids in that period was wild speculation, unreliable and filled with some pretty strange and, by now, debunked notions and ideas. I don’t think they’re very helpful at all and, worse still, I feel they can be counterproductive.

Bennathow
    /|\

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Just had a look at the Recommended Reading List.

Shouldn’t those Books be made available in the BDO Library?

3X3

Dowrgi
    Participant

Shouldn’t those Books be made available in the BDO Library?

I think there’d be copyright and, obviously, cost issues.

david poole
    Participant

At the moment I am agreeing with Dowrgi here regarding copyright and cost issues. 3 x 3 you have made some excellent comments so far. Would it be possible for members’s work to be added to the growing library as more recent additions? I am opposed to copying anything in without the original owner’s permission

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi David,

That’s an interesting idea, perhaps members could voluntarily submit pieces of their work to an extension of the library.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept