Terry Dobney

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Member of the TDN Marc Greenman emailed me about a week ago.

Seems that there was a High Arch Druid Priest Terry Dobney who was the Guardian Keeper of the Sacred Stone Circle of Avebury and that he had just recently Passed Away.

Marc wrote:
    “terry was regarded as the archdruid of avebury, he was a very learned man and tried to help those people who he knew in any way that he could. as the keeper of the stones, he helped to guide those who came to avebury itself, conducting ritual observances, conducting handfastings, hosting foreign visitors, liaising with local authorities such as the national trust, and observing the festival days and full moons. he will be greatly missed.”

I did not come to know of him until after his Passing and got the News & Information from Marc Greenman. I do not recall meeting Terry at Avebury in 2006 which is a bit Sad & Unfortunate.

If I ever get back to Avebury for another Summer Solstice, I will have to look things up to see where his Grave is located. It must be somewhere nearby.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

He was a Member of the Druids of Avebury which has a Website:
    https://www.druidsorderofavebury.com/Members

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Here is a Picture of Terry Dobney taken from the Druids of Avebury Website:

Picture of Terry

3X3

Dowrgi
    Participant

That is sad news. I think I may actually have briefly met the late Terry once on a trip to Avebury many moons ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept