Teach an old witch new tricks?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Teach an old witch new tricks?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tamara Jago
    Participant

Hi all,

I trained in Nat Mag (Natural Magic) nigh on 30 years ago. I follow the seasonal round and keep up the day. In my old age (60F) I’m looking for less of the Mag and more of the Nat. Should I take the BDO Bardic grade? Thoughts and suggestions welcome! Thanks:) Further info: Cornish speaker (so some proximity to Welsh) living in the beautiful middle of nowhere but also mildly disabled, so chunks of ‘outdoors’ work done from my windows. Definitely *don’t* want to join a working group πŸ˜‰

Dave TheDruid-3X3
      Participant

Awens to Tamara!

Where did you Train in Natural Magic? Do they have a Website?

I am always interested in other ways to practice the Druidistic Arts.

3X3

Tamara Jago
        Participant

Thank you, Dave, and to you!

No websites, I’m afraid. I started out in the early 90s with Marian Green’s book ‘A Witch Alone’, which I followed pretty much to the letter for the duration of the course, passing a little tentative correspondence with Marian in the process. In the late 90s I joined a closed magical group of Marian’s lineage in East Anglia, where I was living at the time, and did a full year and a day of magical training with them; course work both theoretical and practical being delivered at the festivals and cross-quarters. Formal initiation followed at the end of the statutory period. None of the (few) groups I’ve been involved with have had websites, but if you’re in the market for Nat Mag books written by folks I’ve worked with especially closely, then anything by Val Thomas fits the bill exactly, and Nigel Pennick’s ‘East Anglian Magic’ provides some background (Nigel’s really a Northern Tradions Man, though). Nigel Pearson’s ‘Walking the Tides’ is also a good magic-in-East-Anglia reference. I hope this is helpful πŸ™‚

Do you have any thoughts regarding my potentially studying Bardic grade Druidry with the BDO?

Dowrgi
          Participant

Dynnargh dh’agan bagas ha’n dhalva bardhonieth. My a wayt y fydh da genes an hyns ma.

Oll an gwella dhiso ha bennathow

/|\

Tamara Jago
            Participant

Meur ras a’th tynnargh brav, Dowrgi! Fest kosel yw omma – eus acheson rakhenna? Yth esa towl dhymm martesen dalleth kors, mes ny allav bos sur a henna awos fowt a hwarvasow omma. A yll’ta derivas orthiv neppyth yn y gever, mar pleg?

Re bo bennathow warnas ynwedh!

Dowrgi
              Participant

Gwir yw hi dhe vos kosel, avel ‘koswik’ yw hi omma – nyns yw gwiasva ‘herdys’. πŸ™‚ Bettegens, mar gasa messach ha nebonan a worthyp dhyso – avel lyther war an wydhenn! A-dro dhe’n steus bardhonieth, y fia da genev leverel ‘yma tekter yn anperfydhderyow’ ha res yw dhyn dyski dhyworth an re ma. Pynag a hwarvo an kas, yn personek, pur dha o genev an steus, ha my a wrug dyski lies tra ynwedh.

Bennathow
                /|\

Tamara Jago
                Participant

Koswik 😄

Meur ras, Dowrgi. Den meur y skians osta, mes ow skians vy – pana vo – yw tamm omma, tamm ena, hag erel. My re brenas hedhyw kopi usys a lyver henwys ‘Bardic Handbook’ gans K Manwaring. Ha my owth ervira, martesen hemm yw le dhe dhalleth a bris isella rag lemmyn. Pandr’a dybydh?

Bennathow dhis.

Tamara Jago
                  Participant

If anyone else is reading this and has any thoughts they’d like to add regarding my original post, please do wade in, ignoring me and Dowrgi and our digression into Cornish. There’s no intention to be rude or private, honest – it’s just a treat sometimes to use one’s other (and only other!) language outside of its usual context 😉

Kres (Peace)

Dowrgi
                    Participant

Gorthugher da!

Res yw dhis ervira, heb mar; bettegens, ragov vy ow honan, my a dhyskas kemmys moy a-dro dhe’n hengov bardhek gans an steus BDO ages lies lyvrow erel. Y’n fordh aral, nyns yw res dhywgh redya lyvrow rag mayth omglewes an awen wir. Bydh lowena ha da dha jer, ha’n awen a vyn dasserghy!

Bennathow lies

/|\

Tamara Jago
                      Participant

Gorthugher da!

Y gonvedhav, Dowrgi, ha meur ras bras a’th tybyansow brav. Yn hwir, my a wra pesya ‘lurkya’ omma – pell diworth gorfennys yw ragov vy hwath!

Re bo kres dhis

Dowrgi
                        Participant

Myttin da!

My a’gas konvedh … yn neb kas, da yw genev klappya tamm yn Kernewek. πŸ™‚ Ober da!

Bennathow
                          /|\

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.