Summer Solstice Celebrations

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Summer Solstice Celebrations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

We are now well into June and that means that Summer Solstice is coming around.

It will be on June 20th at 8pm which is a Sunday.

Time to start thinking of what to do for Summer Solstice.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

I will probably try a variety of things, OBOD has an all day event on Facebook/YouTube in the virtual world, this will cover many speakers and feature different events they are always quite good and very inclusive and worldwide so I will meet many people there. Apart from that I am not completely certain yet. I am hoping that the rules do not change again as that would spoil everything if we are not all released on 21st June after all.

Dowrgi
    Participant

To be honest, I prefer to see the sunset in alone, a bit of quiet contemplation and watching the sun rise over the horizon. Each to their own, but sometimes these events (as they were before) just turn into a noisy free-for-all. I know, I sound grumpy – I don’t mean to! 😀

Bennathow
    /|\

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I might spend the Day Hiking around Byrne Creek where I do a lot of my Streamkeeping Work.

In 2013, I happened upon a couple who were Burying their Pet Cat while doing some Byrne Creek Streamkeeping. There have been several occasions when I came back to do a Sacred Sabbath Incense Burning.

So it might be a great way to Commemorate the Summer Solstice by going down and spending the day at the Fish Creek where I have done a lot of my Streamkeeping.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

These sound like wonderful ideas, I guess that each of us will choose to celebrate in our own way.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Came upon this:
    https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stonehenge/things-to-do/solstice/

With summer solstice fast approaching, we wanted to give you an update on the arrangements for access to Stonehenge for solstice this year. We are well underway with planning, and are working carefully with the Police, Wiltshire Council and others to keep abreast of the latest COVID-19 guidance and how it may impact on summer solstice access. Many will have noticed that the date coincides with that identified in the Government’s re-opening roadmap for England as Step Four – the final stage of ‘un-locking.’ If that remains the case, we can confirm that solstice celebrations will be going ahead at Stonehenge on the evening of the 20 June into the morning of the 21 June. However, if the guidance changes for England, or indeed for Wiltshire, our plans will need to change. Updates will be posted here.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Happy Summer Solstice!!!

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Got up and mowed the Lawns of the Community Hall then headed off to Surrey. Stopped off at a Ladyfriend’s House and dropped off some Tomato Plants that I had grown from Seed for Her Garden as a Summer Solstice Gift then headed off to the Pet Cemetery.

There is a Local Resident who lets me use his Mower. So I got the Lawns Mowed and then set about placing around approximately 120 Incense Sticks to the various Pet Graves. Once I got that done, I made my Summer Solstice Video Tour of the Semi-Abandoned Pet Cemetery showing the progress I have made of getting approximately 2,000 sqft of Himalayan Blackberry cleared away from the Site.

Now I am back Home posting my YouTube Tour of how the Pet Cemetery looks at the moment:

After spending some Time in Meditation, I came Home to get my Summer Solstice Dinner made and post my YouTube.

Had a Really Nice Summer Solstice.

Dave TheDruid-3X3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept