RIP Edward Prynn, Arch-Druid of Cornwall

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum RIP Edward Prynn, Arch-Druid of Cornwall

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dowrgi
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’ve just learned of the passing of Ed Prynn, the Arch-Druid of Cornwall, who famously built a stone circle in his own garden, in St Merryn, not far from Padstow. A well-known figure in Cornwall, I’m sure he’ll be sadly missed. For those of you who do not know about Ed, I’ve included a link from the Cornwall Live news website.

Re bowesso yn kres – Rest in Peace

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

What a shame may he rest in peace

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Never heard of him. Was he affiliated with the OBOD or the TDN? I had never known him to be a member of TDN though.

So he built his own Stone Circle! Good On Him!

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

“In an interview with the BBC a few years ago Ed, revealed how he had his first mystic encounter at the age of nine and became drawn by the power of standing stones. He started to put the stones in his garden in 1982 and the last stone was put in 1999 to celebrate the total eclipse.”

I am wondering what Mystical Encounter that took place when he was Nine.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

And here he is demonstrating how one of his Garden Stones can Rock:

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

His last YouTube was about the Madron Well:

david poole
    Participant

Does Ed Pryn have any connection to the Cornish Gorsedd? I am wondering whether he might do, I know that the Cornish Druids have a Gorsedd just as they do in Wales, so maybe he does

Dave the Druid
    Participant

The circle grows smaller. May he enjoy the fruits of this life in the next.

Dave the Druid
    Peace and Harmony

Dowrgi
    Participant

Morning David,

I don’t know if Ed Prynn was ever connected to Gorsedh Kernow – the Cornish gorsedh. However, Gorsedh Kernow – much like Gorsedd Cymru in Wales – is concerned with fostering the arts, the Cornish language, and other cultural activities connected to Cornwall, it is not connected to (neo-)paganism or mystic activities.

Bennathow
    /|\

Dave the Druid
    Participant

Morning Dowrgi,
    I meant no insult. I have been able to perform a couple of funerals.
    The thoughts that I have were meant in the best traditions of sending off those who have passed.

Peace and Harmony
    Dave the Druid

Dowrgi
    Participant

Afternoon Dave,

I think there’s been a little confusion here, I was replying to David Poole’s question about the gorsedh, not your comment, which was completely valid and inoffensive anyway.

There are a lot of Daves and Davids around here.

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

Okay Dowrgi I think I get your point they are two separate things basically, so maybe he had no connection there at all. On the other hand he might have we don’t know and there is no reason why not Dave I think that Dowrgi was simply making the point that the Cornish Gorsedd is national and hence represents a separate body

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept