Release of the material

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tom Moxon
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    All my bardic lessons have gone on lockdown and I only have the first package available to me? I have been on this course since October 2019 (5 months). So… yeah… Any BDO tutors help me out please?
    Cheers 🙂
    Tom

Dowrgi
    Participant

Morning Tom.

Have you tried emailing anyone about this?

Bennathow.
    /|\

Dowrgi
    Participant
    Anonymous

Alright, got the first introduction bard course part downloaded and read that. So, when do I get the rest? Is it every two weeks? Is the problem fixed yet?
    It can’t be that hard to fix. Just put some Awen in it, or some druid cast a spell to get this site working?

Dannorix
    Participant

I’m also experiencing problems with the release of the packages. I’m already waiting two weeks for the release of package three, and I emailed several times about it, but nobody responds. Also for the release of package two I had to email several times. To put it mildly, not very happy about this…

Dannorix
    Participant

Solved, thanks Elaine and Adam!

Roland Lee
    Participant

The same problem for me, only the first two will download or are released! I would like the rest please.

Amanda Gisby
    Participant

For me it seems to be 1 is released every 2 months, I am still waiting for course 3 to be made active for myself.

Amanda x

Judith
    Participant

I experience the same problem and have just sent an email to tech support. It appears this happens to more people. I hope they can solve the problem!

Amanda Gisby
    Participant

Hi Judith,

Yea me too. I’ve just emailed them also. In the mean time I am researching each tree in the Ogham and trying to piece together the information in the ‘Battle of the Trees’ just to give me a break from teaching online lessons. Hope you are well.

Amanda x

Anonymous

Hi Judith and Amanda x ,I remember reading about the battle of the trees and that this one scholar thought it was about how the ogham alphabet had changed some of its letters, from old to new. So, the poem is about a change in the form of the ogham alphabet. However, like so many of Taliesin’s poems there are always deeper meanings that lie hidden until they reveal themselves to you. I think that many of his poems are about how the spirit of nature moves over the face of nature and the consciousness of nature, which is what I think that being a druid is all about. It’s about seeing these relationships, like Celtic knot work art, opening up to a new way of living and inspiration.  Best StarTree

Greywolf
    Keymaster

Greetings all,
    Our course delivery system was tailor-made to work in conjunction with our old website, which it did without a hitch. Updating to our new website, however, led to an incompatibility somewhere in the fairly complex code and this has affected the delivery of material to some of our students. It shouldn’t have done, since the new site it set up using essentially the same software, but it did. Our tech guy, Adam, who created the delivery system, is working to track down the coding incompatibility and apply a fix that will fix it for everyone. Meanwhile, whenever we hear from a student that they are having a problem accessing the material, our same overworked tech guy is creating an individual fix that will get that student back on track with course delivery. No one will lose out. Ever.
    The BDO is a not-for profit organisation run almost entirely by volunteers who do it because they believe in what we do and how we do it. All have other occupations, families, etc. and present circumstances have, for the most part, created less rather than more time to devote to the BDO as our largely self-employed work-force struggle to keep any sort of income coming in. Our regular enquiries person, a senior NHS nurse, was put in charge of a C-19 intensive care unit, dramatically increasing her workload. She contracted the virus herself about ten days ago and has been extremely ill. Two more people who then took up the reins of enquiries have subsequently had to pass them on again. I’m now tackling enquiries myself and have, I think, now caught up with the backlog of messages that had built up over the last couple of weeks.
    We’re all doing everything we can. Everyone will get their course material. If you’re having a problem receiving yours, please email me at enquiries@druidry.co.uk I will pass your message on to Adam and we will get it sorted. Bear in mind though that we are all stretched in our lives for a variety of lockdown-related reasons so applying the fix may take a few days. Also bear in mind that new packages of course material appear every two months, not monthly, just in case you’d missed that memo 😉
    Stay safe, keep well, many blessings,
    Greywolf /|\

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.