Piltdown Stone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

I was watching my VHS Tape on the History of the Battle of the Skulls Archaeology Program which is about the Controversies between the Lost Link Findings in South Africa and in around Piltdown England.

The program shows that there was a Finding Memorial Stone placed at Piltdown in 1936. There is a Wikipedia Listing and the Picture posted on itis Not Dated and it looks to me that the Stone in the Picture is Not Too Well Maintained.

Of all the Stones that have been getting Torn Up lately, I think that one Deserves to be Torn Up along with the rest of them.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Here is the Picture of the Stone:

Piltdown Stone

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I can not find any record on the Internet confirming if the Stone is Still There.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

It looks vaguely phallic. Are there any markings on it like Ogham runes, or is it blank? When is it dated to?

Startree
    Participant

dear 3×3, I am really against tearing all these works of art down, I feel we should contextualize them and let them stand to the way past people thought. We will all regret tearing down all the monuments in the future, and monuments don’t bring about change, people change not monuments. I feel it is childish to tear down works of art. anger is not a solution to anything. tradition is important to knowing who we are and were. best star tree

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

To Startree:

I Agree Completely!!!

The other day, a Band of Canadian Hooligans Childishly Tore Down a Statue of Sir John A Macdonald in Montreal.

But I am still wondering if the Piltdown Stone is still there or not.

3X3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept