Pagan Portal – The Awen Alone

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Pagan Portal – The Awen Alone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

I have been pretty much Solitary for about 2 years now and have decided to Practice my Celtic Buddhism as a Solitary as well.

So I have known Joanna Van De Hoaeven from when we were both Members of the Druid Network and she wrote a Book on Solitary Druidism and I have decided to Buy it. It is called ‘The Awen Alone’.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

Please let us know what you find out.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Her Book Has Arrived.

Quickly looked over the Table of Contents and it looks like the first 2/3rds of the Book covers Druidry as it is Practiced by all. Has a Chapter called ‘What Is Druidry’ which is the same name of the E-Book that Emma Restall-Orr wrote.

But I have noticed that it is the last 1/3rd of the Book involves Walking Your Own Path.

I will spend this evening Reading through the Introduction.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

The morning, I read the Introduction and the First Two Chapters. I am finding all sorts of Triads Saying in it already that I can use in creating a 3X3 Triad Poem.

So far, I have noted a couple of Triads that mention how Liberating it is to be Free of others Dogmatic Attitudes when Practicing Alone.

I have noticed that there are several Blank Pages at the very end of the Book. I guess that is where you can make your own Notes about the Book that please you.

In the about the Author Page at the end of the Book, I lists her Website Address:
    http://www.joannavanderhoeven.com

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

From Her Website, I found her YouTube Channel and this YouTube Presentation that she made:

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

I did some more reading from Awens Alone and I was rather impressed with the Chapter about the Ancestors in which Joanna states that not only Solitary Druids should pay Respect to the Spirits of your Blood Line Ancestors but also to Ancestral Traditions and the Ancestors of the Future.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

Thank you 3 x 3. If you are interested in triads, they can also be found in the collected writings of Iolo Morgannwg, there is section later on in which he shares some triads. I believe that this idea is a Welsh concept. I believe that Joanna Van De Hoeven has written a number of books on Druidry.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

The 2nd Part of ‘Awens Alone’ mainly goes over the various Seasonal Festivals and the various methods of doing Prayers, Meditations, Alter Creations, Inner Pathworkings, and Outer Pathworkings.

I found the Chapter on Meditation to be quite good to the point that it reminded me of my 2010 Lughnasad 3X3 Triad Poem about Meditation.

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

Yesterday morning, I finished off the last 1/3 of the Book and it goes over how one can Design ones own Path, Ritual and Path as a Solitary Druid. It goes over the Elementary Aspects of making one’s own ways. Several familiar Chants are included into this Section such as the Call for Peace in the Quarters which I first came to know from the Bardic Grade Gwersi of the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids.

If you are Walking The Solitary Path to get away from the Social Stresses of Life, I recommend this Book to get to know how to go about it.

3X3

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi Dave!

Good review, why not post this in the Bardic Support Forum, Bookshelf thread?

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

Yes 3 x 3 please do I would like to see this there.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I do not think I have access to the Bardic Support Forum as I am not Enrolled in the Druidistic Courses of the BDO. Don’t you have to be be Enrolled in the BDO Druid Courses to have access to that Forum?

3X3

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I posted a comment on Joanna’s latest YouTube Posting that I had posted my Review of her Book here on the BDO and that You Guys are liking my Review and she put a Heart on my Comment.

So I guess she if Thrilled that You Guys are liking my Review of her Book.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

I have access to that forum I could post this there with your permission of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.