Ovate Course and Druid Course

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dowrgi
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m pleased to say that I’ve completed the Ovate Course and I’m now embarking on the Druid Course. The Ovate and Druid forums are very quiet, so I’m popping in here to ask how everyone else is doing and if anyone else is “around”, so to speak, in terms of the other courses. Whatever the case, I hope all is well, especially in these difficult times.

Once again, thanks to everyone here for their help, conversation, and insights while I was doing the Ovate Course.

Having said this, I don’t think anyone ever really finishes these courses, and the more you learn, the more you realise that there is to know!

Many thanks and blessings to all!

Bennathow
    /|\

True Owl
    Participant

Hi Dowrgi,

Congratulations on completing the Ovate course.

Its always good to read your input in this forum.

Good luck with the Druid grade.

Re: “I don’t think anyone ever really finishes these courses, and the more you learn, the more you realise that there is more to know!” _Dowrgi

– Yes, very wise words – we never stop learning !

Many blessings on your path,

Jules.
    (True Owl)

Dowrgi
    Participant

Thanks for your friendly words, True Owl.

How are you getting on with your course?

Bennathow
    /|\

True Owl
    Participant

Hi Dowrgi,

Re: “How you getting on with your course?” _Dowrgi

I started these BDO courses as a refresher after completing the three Bardic/Ovate/Druid grades with the New Order of Druids (NOD) about ten years ago, but I have come across so many new and different aspects on the BDO course, that I am learning stuff anew and that is great.

The BDO is more into the Welsh tales, rather than the Irish myths (like the NOD courses are). I have ancestors from both the Irish & Welsh sides, so its good to get a take on the Welsh side of things as well.

The course materials are excellent. Greywolf has done a terrific job in writing them – You are made to really feel as if you are being taken on a spiritual journey with a one-to-one personal mentor.

I am making good progress – keeping up with my daily journal writing and always making time for reading and note taking everyday of the course materials. I think that is important, to set aside time each day, so as to get in a regular rhythm – I find that works for me.

Now the nicer weather is here, I have also been able to visit my local woods, where I sit with my favourite tree, meditate and just enjoy being in nature.

I am gaining much & enjoying the courses, and so after I have completed this course, I will definitely be moving onto the Ovate course – Seership & healing are right up my street, so I look forward to that course in the near future.

Thanks,

Jules
    (True Owl).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.