On Shamanic learning

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum On Shamanic learning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dave the Druid
    Participant

Peace and Harmony to All.

I have been going through a very consuming learning experience. From a Mik Maq medicine woman who has opened my eyes to a wider universe and I drank heavily. Much have I learned, but so much more to go. My apprentice time is at end and I am a learning shaman.

Where have you learned your shaman skills and how do you apply them?

Peace and Harmony
      Dave the Druid

Pete

I guess that depends what you call “shaman skills”.

Here in Australia every third new age’er is using the term shaman, or using the term shamanism to label what they do (shamanic breathe work, shamanic sound healing, etc etc). It’s completely out of context most the time. I see shamanism as the technique of soul flight through some sort of trance state, for an intention.

So even thought I’ve recieved training from both contemporary snd First Nations folk I’m one of those who shy’s away from the use of the word Shaman and Shamanism. The BDO course also includes practices that align with shamanism.

I do utilise trance states when I work with people, but not so much in the classical sense of shamanism, but I open myself and let myself be guided, and that’s usually in the form of sound immersion work.

Dave the Druid
        Participant

Well said Pete.
          I was/ am suspicious about most shamanistic claims. I can say for my part that what I do aligns really well with the BDO expression of being a vessel for the awen. I bring goodness and light to all I encounter. People have told me that I bring a positive light to their lives.
          Shamanism is part of what being a Druid is about according to the BDO. Or not depending on how you read the description of druidic practice that I know from the one authored by Grey Wolf.

Peace and Harmony
          Dave the Druid

PS I do feel that a number of so-called shaman are crystal sniffing bs artists

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.