official forms. Druid faith.

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum official forms. Druid faith.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ragnarsson
    Participant

I was wondering about official forms and what to put on them. This is reference to religion, Being a believer in the Druid faith , does one put this on forms and is it officially recognised. this may seem obvious but being new to the faith , I really don’t know . any help would be appreciated.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi there.

Not all druids see druidism as a religion, however, in terms of official recognition, the UK officially recognised Druidism as a religion back in 2010, so I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t state your faith as such in an official capacity if need be, at least not in the UK anyway.

Bennathow.
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

It’s up to you, I think it should be absolutely fine. I don’t know whether Druidry counts as a religion or as a spiritual path or way of life or philosophy, maybe all of those?

Ragnarsson
    Participant

I think not only official forms, but in these times when a death can occur out of the blue (corona virus) I feel that a druid/pagan may want a specific course taken, I know the government has assured Muslims that their wishes will be followed. Well what about this Islands oldest faith. Also I think that I may look into this further as we should be recognized and given all the privileges that other faiths are given, I for one definitely see it as a faith or religious path.

Dowrgi
    Participant

I think you could stipulate in a last will and testament what burial ceremony you wish and there definitely are organisations that cater for this. A pagan burial long barrow was constructed a few years ago near Devizes in Wiltshire, you may find something online about it.

david poole
    Participant

The place in question is the All Cannings Long Barrow in Wiltshire, you turn left and go towards the hills rather than towards Devizes. They typically have rituals there during the festival days, it featured in Pagan Dawn once I think it is run by Tim Dawson.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Thanks David. I’ve found their website here: https://www.thelongbarrow.com/

Greywolf
    Keymaster

I’ve been putting Druidry as my religion on official forms since the 1970s. My kids were registered at Church of England schools as Druids in the 1990s. I have never had a problem thinking of Druidry as a religion, though I appreciate that some people have a problem with the term and prefer to call it something else. So, yes, by all means go ahead with the blessings of the BDO 🙂
    Greywolf /|\

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept