New site!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I see a lot of Compliments for the creation of this Forum going out to ‘Adam’.

Is Adam the IT Tech who put this Forum together and therefor is a Moderator?

3X3

david poole
    Participant

I guess that Adam would count as a moderator, you could try him for any issues.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

One thing this Forum needs is allowing Participants to be able to Edit or Delete their Posts.

That is in case someone Posts something that could be taken wrong and then wants to Edit or Delete what they might like to take back.

3X3

david poole
    Participant

I agree with that idea 3×3, I have not noticed any way to do it so far, I have experienced trouble with editing or deleting posts I can’t remember what went wrong but something did, the forum does not allow it to happen.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Morning.

Well, you can edit a post after you’ve submitted it, at least within a short space of time. However, there seems to be a time limit to this.

david poole
    Participant

That is a bit limiting but thanks for letting us know, I was not aware of that. We do need better controls than those we currently have.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I am wanting to change my Avatar Picture but am not able to work out how to do that.

I click on ‘edit’ on my Profile and I am taken to a utility that allows me to change everything except my Avatar.

So what is the Magic Trick for changing my Avatar?

3X3

david poole
    Participant

I have just had a look for that myself, there does not appear to be any option to do it. I don’t think you can change your avatar at the moment. So make sure you chose something you are happy with when you begin.

Dowrgi
    Participant

I’ve just had a look to. I think you may have to remove your old avatar first? One thing I’ve noticed is that when I log in I get the “Oops! That page can’t be found.” message, but then I just click on the forum. I think there might be a few naughty gremlins in the system at the moment! 😀

david poole
    Participant

I couldn’t see any way to remove my avatar first or to change it in any way. How you make any changes here I do not know. I tried to make a new post a few days ago and was told that it was being looked at by administration but have heard nothing back since, it was about bardism by the way. Maybe the forum has become overloaded and is failing to respond?

Dowrgi
    Participant

Did your post have links in it? I’ve actually responded to you in another thread today, re calendars etc, and something weird happened – it didn’t post, but when I tried to repost, it came up as a double post! I removed the links and then it posted fine. This happened a while back when I posted with links. Perhaps the system has an anti-spam filter or something.

On my profile, there is a red “remove” button next to the avatar.

david poole
    Participant

Looks like anything without a hyperlink in it will work; any hyperlinks to external sites will not work, probably due to security settings on the forum being extra sensitive? Maybe its better to be safe than sorry as you don’t know where an external link might lead someone. The article worked just fine with two hyperlinks removed and you can still google the source material, which would be useful here. I am sorry, but I saw no sign of any buttons next to my avatar when I looked and no sign of any red button.

Dowrgi
    Participant

I see it worked. I thought it might have been the same problem that I had, and it seems as though it was. As for avatar, does it not have REMOVE in red block capitals next to your avatar thumbnail?

david poole
    Participant

No it doesn’t Dowrgi, there is nothing there at all.

Dowrgi
    Participant

That’s odd. I even went back and checked before I posted that last message just to see. Maybe if you try a different browser? Other than that, I can’t imagine why it would be.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept