Myths and Legends of the British Isles

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Myths and Legends of the British Isles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Angela Lawton
    Participant

After many years of running creatively dry I have the notion to attempt another children’s book in the New Year and have a basic outline but would like to incorporate mythical beings and fairy folk. I was wondering if anybody can recommend any good sources of Myths and Legends of the British Isles be that good books or internet searches, I havent come up with very much so far. Thanks.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Evening Angela,

Have you tried looking at the Celtic section of the Internet Sacred Text Archive?. You could also try The Mammoth Book of Celtic Myths and Legends, Peter Berresford Ellis (2003). Finally, there’s the Celtic Literature Collective – Mary Jones, which also has a lot of good materials and resources that are freely available.

Hope that helps.

Bennathow
    /|\

PS: The forum wouldn’t allow me to post the links, but a websearch should bring up the sites I mentioned without any difficulty.

david poole
    Participant

Have you tried The Mammoth Book of Celtic Myths and Legends by Peter Beresford Ellis?

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Thanks Dowrgi and David I will have a look at those today. Much appreciated!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept