meeting new people?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum meeting new people?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hg94
    Participant

hi, how do you meet other people within the druid path? i live in the uk and would be interested in meeting up with other druids

Try finding local groups on Facebook. I really dislike Facebook for a lot of reasons, but a lot of social groups use it, especially when associated with face-to-face meetings, and there are quite a few druid groups. If you’re not already on there, you could create an account and just avoid using it for any other purpose. Some groups also use Discord to connect, or may have local websites. I think people can be a little cautious about connecting online, understandably.
    Also try looking out for notice boards/posters and such in your local area, there may be pagan meetups. You could even start one! Arrange a druid/pagan morning tea meet at a cafe (neutral ground is good). (I suggest druid/pagan as in small communities it can help to cast the net a bit wider).

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I also Dislike Facebook.

Too Many Cyber Bullying and Scamming Con Artists on that Website.

It was from Facebook that they made Amanda Todd’s Life Miserable.

3X3

oh for sure, look it’s really problematic. But any site, (including group forums like this one) where people gather can be a site of conflict. You just have to be cautious. A group I belong to uses Facebook all the time for arranging events and such, and basically it’d be almost impossible to fully participate without it, so I keep it.

It’d definitely hard to meet people, but you do need to get ‘out there’ to do so. There are walking groups, nature groups, all sorts of people with intersecting interests. Look for arts events, poetry nights, that sort of thing. Farmer’s markets and of course your local alternative/esoteric store (if you’re lucky enough to have one).

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi there,

An idea might be to visit a stone circle, menhir, dolmen or other megalithic site on or around the date of an important festival and/or find out if anything is going on there beforehand. At the “big” sites, such as Stonehenge or Avebury, you’re bound to meet people and in amongst the throng, you’re likely to meet the odd druid sooner or later.

Bennathow
    /|\

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.