Life under siege

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Life under siege

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    david poole
    Participant

Life feels much slower at the moment. Many things have come to a stop. I don’t know what that might mean in the long run. I feel a little bit isolated. I like to watch videos and to listen to audio files to remind myself that I am not alone. I talk to people online sometimes, but that is not the same as meeting people face to face. We are still allowed to go out for walks. I am very lucky in that I am still reasonably fit and healthy, there is not much wrong with me. It has been much quieter outside and inside, I have not seen many people around. The buses run less often. I keep hearing sirens, but can only guess at where they are going. People stay far away from each other, there is a lot of fear and mistrust. I wonder whether we will ever regain our trust in others. I can still hear the birds singing wherever they are. They have not been touched by our catastrophe. The trees and flowers are doing very well. Sometimes I have seen people in the woods, but not often, I tend to stay well away from them. I not clear whether we can go out for ritual, I am not sure that it is an essential purpose and apparently the police have been given new powers to disperse people, although I have not met with any of this. I am not sure how much longer I can stay inside, cooped up like this. I guess it all has to end at some point. I wonder what life will be like then?

Dowrgi
    Participant

It’s like a ghost town where I am. But I am thankful for what I have, food, books and my small “garden” and the ability to be in touch with people online and over the fun as well as having hot running water and being able to have a cup of tea when it suits me. I know it’s hard, but for many people around the world, running water is a luxury, so I try to do my best, not complain and get on with things. Anyway, don’t feel isolated and I’m always around on here for a chat, so to speak.

Take care and stay well.

Bennathow.
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

Thank you Dowrgi, I am glad that you are around. I have been having a lot of fun listening to podcasts, we are allowed to go out but it is so strange now, you can barely recognise the society which we used to have. I don’t know what will happen to us in the end.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Perhaps things will change for the better? Let’s at least hope that.

Bennathow.

/|\

ps. I spotted a mistake above – for over the fun, read over the phone. Fingers working faster than brain!!! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.