Hi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Morgana
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just joined and am starting on the bardic course. Any support, any hand-holding, any contact would be welcome. I’m really keen to meet up with anyone near me – Rhins Of Galloway/Stranraer/Wigtownshire.
    Thanks

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to Morgana:

There are many Books written by Emma (Bobcat) Restall-Orr that you could look up.

And I recommend studying the Healing & Health Benefits of Herbs & Herbology.

3X3

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Yeah I kept getting Bobcat/ Emma pushed in my face by a group of a small banded modern druids in about 2012, they said I was welcome to use all of her material in a meeting in a workings mans club in the midlands. I declined, I had read one of Emmas books prior to the meeting and found it unfathomable . We once went to Avebury to a visit when my children were very young and happened to chance on a Druid meeting, we didn’t go to see them. It was a fluke that they were there there we went to visit the stones. My children wanted a wee after a long journey and we started to walk across the car park to the WCs and Emma was sitting on a wall and she shouted across ” Carry on if you don’t want to listen to me.” and I thought what an arrogant bitch, we haven’t come to see you or hear you. So I am not enamoured.

Angela Lawton
    Participant

People said in the healing centre that I looked like her. God forbid. I don’t follow strong mouthy women. Sorry Emma if you are reading this but I don’t like your style or the style you had. I don’t follow you. My hair is long and grey now so I have no resemblance. Also when I went to Yorkshire for a Ceile De teaching there was a hidden agenda, the leader was appraising me and acting very secretively, she had prior knowledge and was giving out stories to the same, a suffering servant. I don’t know who was in the background at that point in time but she wasn’t upfront so I decided not to proceed into the depths and wilderness of Scotland for more teachings, I didn’t feel safe.

Angela Lawton
    Participant

I grew up and still am entwined with a so called strong woman of high intelligence, my mother. And it leaves me cold. I don’t know what my IQ is and I don’t really care, I don’t define myself by it. I’m dopey and dreamy and I get things after a fashion, the spirit reveals these things to me. I pray.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

For some reason, I am not able to post a Link to Bobcat’s E-Book ‘What Is Druidry’.

Every time I try, I get the ‘You Can Not Post This At This Time’.

3X3

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Apologies to all. I can be too frank sometimes, I do not mean to judge, I’m only telling it as I see it. I do not wish to deter anyone from a path they have chosen it’s not my place. I have a great deal in common with modern Druids but I wouldn’t call myself a Druid. If some people think the mark of intelligence is an overriding priority so be it. I think Emma is a very attractive woman and I meant God forbid she resembles me. Peace be with you.

Greywolf
    Keymaster

Hi Morgana,
    and welcome to the BDO. I’m in Wiltshire, so not exactly nearby, but I do drop in here from time to time and am happy to answer questions. As course editor, it’s good to get feedback on how folk are getting along with ’em.
    Bobcat (Emma Restall Orr) was joint chief of the BDO from 1995 to 2002, when she stepped down to focus on two new groups she was establishing, The Druid Network and Honouring the Ancient Dead. Following on from Angela’s comments, some folk did find Bobcat extremely annoying. Most of them didn’t actually know her. I know her well and can vouch for the fact that she is a damn fine Druid – the most psychically-attuned I’ve ever worked with – fiercely intelligent and, in her private moments, very funny. Her first three books – ‘Spirits of the Sacred Grove’ (reprinted as ‘Druid Priestess’), ‘Principles of Druidry’ and ‘Ritual: A Guide to Life, Love and Inspiration’ – were all written during the years we worked closely together and her subsequent books continue to be very BDO in their approach.
    Since you’re just starting out on the bardic course, however, I’d recommend two books by another friend of the BDO, Kevan Manwaring. Kevan’s a very fine bard himself, which is why he writes about the tradition with such knowledge and conviction. The books are ‘The Bardic Handbook’ and ‘The Way of Awen.’ Also well worth checking out are any CDs you can find by Claire Hamilton and two of my favourite Scots, Fiona Davidson and Robin Williamson.
    Many blessings,
    Greywolf /|\

Dannorix
    Participant

Always nice when the Chief drops in! Hi Morgana, besides Greywolfs excellent recommandations, especially the first part of The Way of Awen, I’d like to add another book which I found absolutely stunning: Natural Druidry by Kristoffer Hughes. A poetically written, in-depth and highly personal exploration of all the major tenets of Druidry. And the new edition of Gwyn by Yuri Leitch is another book which I can’t recommand enough.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.