Hello…New girl on the block ☺️

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Hello…New girl on the block ☺️

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Abi Garvey
    Participant

Good evening everyone

I just wanted to stop by, say hello and introduce myself. I’m Abi, nature lover, animal lover.

Very new to this path, I think it’s the path for me…it resonates with me on a deep level…I feel at peace in the company of nature, the woodlands, the elements. I’ve been hoping to meet like minded people, chat and learn. Good old google sent me in this direction so here I am 😀

If anyone can suggest any articles/blogs/books to start and help a newbie, it would be much appreciated. Many thanks ☺️

Dannorix
    Participant

Hi Abi,

Hope you find what you are looking for here. The Bardic Course is just amazing. For an in-depth introduction to all concepts, try Natural Druidry by Kristoffer Hughes.

david poole
    Participant

Welcome Abi. Regarding your question, anything by Philip Carr-Gomm, Penny Billington, Kristoffer Hughes or Morgan Daimler might help you. There are quite a lot of entries in the BDO main page, including Greywolf’s own blog. OBOD has a very good resources section which is open to members and non-members which has a lot of great articles, see https://druidry.org/resources

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hello and welcome to our virtual nemeton. I hope you find your time here enjoyable and rewarding.

Bennathow
    /|\

Abi Garvey
    Participant

Thank you all so much. Nice to meet likeminded people especially during these unprecedented times!

Thank you for guidance re blogs and books…I’ll get looking and ordering. I love reading so looking forward to learning about this path.

How is everyone doing during this time? ☺️

Pinar Saglav
    Participant

Hello Abi, greetings from Istanbul, Turkey!
    I’m a new member here as well, just started the Bardic course in BDO, but not new to “all this” overall. Been at it for 20+ years but I’m always learning as we all are. I love reading too and would love to swap recommendations on books etc. I second David’s starting suggestions. I love being in nature and feel at home with the trees and the wildlife; sadly I live in the middle of a very big and crowded city and nature is hard to come by.
    Nice to meet you.

Balaam Camp
    Participant

Hello,
    Also new here and looking to listen, commune and develop my current spirituality and connection with nature.
    Hope everyone is well.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to Abi:

I recommend:
    – Essential Guide to Druidism by Isaac Bonewits,
    – Living With Honour – A Pagans Ethics by Emma ‘Bobcat’ Restall-Orr,
    – And Wicca For Life by Raymond Buckland.

3X3

Abi Garvey
    Participant

Hello, Welcome and Thank you 🙂 I’ve made a lovely list of your welcomed recommendations..A big thank you 🙂 How is everyone doing?

david poole
    Participant

I am not too bad Abu, thank you for asking. I hope that you are well too. I was going to recommend The Path of Druidry by Penny Billington as particularly insightful, also The Druidry Handbook by John Michael Greer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept