Hello everyone, I am new here. Hoping to learn, share and make friends

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Hello everyone, I am new here. Hoping to learn, share and make friends

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

The occult is not new to me but Druidry is. I have been a solitary practitioner for many years but have never studied anything “formally” so I have taken the bold step of enrolling in the Bardic course from BDO and OBOD at the same time!

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to Ian!

I have also been a Solitary Practitioner for the last couple of Years. Please check out my 3X3 Triad Poem on Practicing Solitarily. I posted last August 1st Lughnasad.

Do you dabble in the Divinatory Arts? I do Tarot with a Rider/Waite Deck that I took to The Stonehenge in 2006 and Touched It to The Slaughter Stone.

3X3

I have mainly used tarot for journeying. I tend not to use aids for divination anymore – I can ‘tune in’ whenever I like. The trees say a lot, but then so does the general hubub ‘out there’ in what we are told is reality.

True Owl
    Participant

Welcome Ian,

Hope you enjoy the course.

May all your needs be met.

Many blessings on your path,

True Owl.

Blessings to you to True Owl

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Please tell the Story of the Building that is in your Avatar Picture.

3X3

It is known as the “Pythagoras school”. It stands in the grounds of St.Johns college, Cambridge, on land that was owned by Oxford University before the founding of Cambridge University. I have heavily researched it and forms part of my theory that far from their being no physical evidence of pre-Roman driuds, there is actually a ton of evidence of druids that has been covered up by academia by calling it something else!

Dowrgi
    Participant

Welcome Archemedion,

I hope you find your time here rewarding.

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

Welcome Archemedion it is good to see you here. I think that you have made a good choice in choosing to come here. I see that you are studying from both courses, I am also doing this myself, it makes for twice the work though so be aware of that. We are all here to answer each other’s questions so please feel free to do so at any time.

Dowrgi
    Participant

It is known as the “Pythagoras school”. It stands in the grounds of St.Johns college, Cambridge, on land that was owned by Oxford University before the founding of Cambridge University. I have heavily researched it and forms part of my theory that far from their being no physical evidence of pre-Roman driuds, there is actually a ton of evidence of druids that has been covered up by academia by calling it something else!

That’s Merton Hall, isn’t it? It’s been called Pythagoras House and the School of Pythagoras since about the 17th century, although I’m not sure what the connection is with the ancient Greek mathematician and philosopher as I believe the oldest parts of the building date back to the year 1200 and a private house. I’d be interested to know where Pythagoras comes into it. It’s certainly interesting, the oldest non-religious building in Cambridge.

Bennathow
    /|\

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Hello Archemedion-the -Mage. Welcome. I hope you enjoy studying both courses. I take my hat off to you for doing two together!.

Scratchy
    Participant

Hi Archemedion-the -Mage, Hope you are well, I too am very new here, first time commenting and looking to start the Bardic course too but as yet have not signed up. I too am new to Druidry but not to occult. Nice to meet you

david poole
    Participant

Welcome Scratchy. The Bardic course has a lot within it and I think that you will find it challenging and rewarding if you do decide to take it, but there is plenty of time to consider that. Feel free to ask any questions which you may have and we will try to help as best as we can.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hello and welcome Scratchy,

I hope that you find your time here enjoyable and rewarding.

Bennathow
    /|\

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Hello and welcome Scratchy. I see a couple of you are claiming familiarity with the occult. Occult means hidden knowledge so can come across as a mysterious activity. I’m familiar with the spirit world but those experiences tend to happen on their own or through dreams I do not seek out such experiences any more Years ago I sat in a pub and read tarot cards for people, I didn’t find it a particularly rewarding experience although I got good feed back for my attempts at reading. I also had a frightening in between state dream one night during which a group of pig faced demons entered my room so I’m more careful when dealing with the spirit world as you don’t know what you are inviting in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept