Greetings

• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Dave TheDruid-3X3.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    WolfSoul
    Participant

Hello all!

My name is Matt or Wolfsoul. I’m new to BDO but not to Druidry or Paganism. I’ve been Pagan for 20 years, starting with Wicca, and then moving to general witchcraft and animism. I only found out about Druidry and started with OBOD ten years ago and just kind of forgot to do the course… so I’ve never even finished the Bardic grade! Instead I ended up doing my own studying and rituals, recording my experiences. My spiritual path has always been a mix of animism, especially animal spirits, polytheism and spellwork. When I read about Druidry for the first time, I was surprised I hadn’t heard about it! I grew up with stories of Druids but didn’t even understand they were real people and not just myth, never mind that modern Druidry was a thing! Though I also thought the same about witches before coming across Wicca.

I am from North Wales, though I am currently living in Leicestershire. I miss my home a lot but due to finances I cannot move back yet. I grew up knowing some Welsh, but have long forgotten it. It’s something I certainly aim to ‘repair’ in the future. I currently live just outside the city of Leicester, but have access to many wonderful green spaces, including a small spinney that I help take care of through voluntary work. I work as a full-time artist and crafter – mainly animal portraits and character design work. I like to express my spiritual beliefs through my artwork too.

I finally decided to sign up for the Bardic grade here today and have read through most of the first booklet. Already I’m finding it much more engaging and practical than what I’ve previously had. I’m starting my Bardic journal tomorrow and am looking forward to it a lot! I like the friendly tone of the authors and look forward to reading everything else in this course.

Nice to meet everyone!

Myghal Map Serpren
      Participant

Greetings Wolfsoul. Good to hear from you though I am also new to the BDO. I undertook the OBOD courses many years ago and much has happened in my life since. I am currently undertaking a diploma study of Druidism. I have written extensively about ancient sites and many article I have produced have been published in various magazines. I am not in the financial position to afford the BDO courses at this time (being a pensioner) but follow the Druidic path and have done for many years. I wish you well.

Bright Blessings!

WolfSoul
        Participant

It’s very nice to meet you! That sounds super interesting what you do, wow!

Badger
          Participant

Greetings

I’m looking for support

I’ve been asked by a friend with a significant illness to conduct a habdfasting with his pregnant partner.

This will happen at stone henge on the 21st March after the sunrise at the spring equinox.

I’m a total novice. I have researched and prepared a respectful ceremony which I would appreciate help with.

We will conduct the habdfasting and cast a circle. We will follow the bdo sacraments.

This is a service of love and peace.

I’m not experienced I’m conducting the service as an honour to my friend. We will be authentic in our beliefs but I do not want to offend anyone.

We would appreciate a blessing from the order. And we are keen tgat this joyous celebration dies not cause offence. We will conduct the ceremony in a circle cast away from the mellee as we don’t feel we can interrupt the equinox celebrations of others.

Advice is welcome but as a novice celebrant I ask the blessing of the bdo.

Blessed be

Badger
            Participant

Greetings

I’m looking for support

I’ve been asked by a friend with a significant illness to conduct a handfasting with his pregnant partner.

This will happen at stone henge on the 21st March after the sunrise at the spring equinox.

I’m a total novice. I have researched and prepared a respectful ceremony which I would appreciate help with.

We will conduct the habdfasting and cast a circle. We will follow the bdo sacraments.

This is a service of love and peace.

I’m not experienced I’m conducting the service as an honour to my friend. We will be authentic in our beliefs but I do not want to offend anyone.

We would appreciate a blessing from the order. And we are keen that this joyous celebration dies not cause offence. We will conduct the ceremony in a circle cast away from the melee as we don’t feel we can interrupt the equinox celebrations of others.

Advice is welcome but as a novice celebrant I ask the blessing of the bdo.

Blessed be

WolfSoul
              Participant

I think maybe you should start a new thread about this, Badger, as this is just an introduction thread.

BardicWolf
                Participant

Greetings all.

I go by BardicWolf or Paul.

I am 40 years old and hail from the NW England (UK). I am new to BDO but not Druidry or paganism. For many years I have lived a wiccan cross shamanic lifestyle and belief system.

As you may notice I have a very close and strong affinity to wolves. I have a wolf Spirit guide and guardian who walks with me in my path.

Being a Welshman born and bred, I believe Druidry has been in my blood for many years. However, it is only as I have got older and started looking into it that I am starting to understand what was lacking in my life and this was Druidry. I am in the process of going through the Bardic course and looking forward to speaking to as many of you on here as possible in order to learn and share knowledge and grow on this journey we are all a part of.

With blessing to one and all.

BardicWolf

WolfSoul
                  Participant

Greetings all.

I go by BardicWolf or Paul.

I am 40 years old and hail from the NW England (UK). I am new to BDO but not Druidry or paganism. For many years I have lived a wiccan cross shamanic lifestyle and belief system.

As you may notice I have a very close and strong affinity to wolves. I have a wolf Spirit guide and guardian who walks with me in my path.

Being a Welshman born and bred, I believe Druidry has been in my blood for many years. However, it is only as I have got older and started looking into it that I am starting to understand what was lacking in my life and this was Druidry. I am in the process of going through the Bardic course and looking forward to speaking to as many of you on here as possible in order to learn and share knowledge and grow on this journey we are all a part of.

With blessing to one and all.

BardicWolf

Croeso Paul, from another Welsh wolf! We sound like we have many similar experiences, that’s awesome! Whereabouts in Wales are you from?

Dave TheDruid-3X3
                    Participant

Awens to WolfSoul:

I was off dealing with Life and was not on these Forums for a while and actually ended up forgetting to Post things about Spring Equinox.

Really like your Post on my Thread about Unnecessary Harm!

3X3

Pauletta
                      Participant

Dear fellow students, I understand how important it is to find a reliable academic assistance website that can help you achieve your academic goals. Make sure to check out this source to get a better idea of the best and worst writing companies out there.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Pauletta.
                        Dave TheDruid-3X3
                        Participant

Hey! Kili Green posted a Link and it works and whenever I try to post a Link, I get messaged that My Post ‘Can Not Be Made At This Time’.

Wassup Wit Dat?!

3X3

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.