follow the path of heart

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum follow the path of heart

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I know you have all heard it before, follow the path of heart, but I cannot stress how important this is, and you will never be happy until you do. if you love art, go to art school not business school. If you love history major in history not accounting, and don’t let you parents ever tell you what to do. find out what you love, and go for it, if you want to be happy, and not go crazy in life, if you love it, you will be successful, and if you just do it for the money, you will end up sick and on drugs,. so don’t be a lawyer just because uncle bob is. I learned this the hard way and would have had a much better life if I had just followed my heart, instead of trying to please my dad and be a businessman, and druids you need to follow your heart in what you believe as a druid and not what some other druid tells you druidry is. I think druidry is all about the Celtic Otherworld and the faeries and that is my story, and I’m sticking to it, and if you want to frame what you believe a druid is as something different, go for it, I salute you. I find great love and peace and inspiration and empowerment in druidry, and I don’t think that druidry is an earthcenterd religion. I think it is a Celtic Otherworld centered religion, and the nature deal comes from that, and I love mermaids, and sailing, and bow hunting. and I love hearing what other druids believe because I just might change my mind on some things or maybe not. Anu is the mother of the Irish fairies, alvgest is elf wind, and can cover a person in blisters, Aelf, are fairies in Scandinavia and this is where we get the world elf, Danu is the mother goddess of the tuatha de Danaan, the people of the goddess danu, and this is my fairy clan, elen is a welsh patron of otherwold pathways, and a lesbian tv talk show host, dinsele are Rumanian vampiric fairies that look like cats, and I am not quite sure how you protect yourself from them, I would try using a banishing pentagram and making a run for it.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to W.T.St.C:

Your Philosophical Writing is of such Nature that I am posting my 2008 Imbolc 3X3 Triad Poem on – What Are The True Religions:

It Goes:

What Are the True Religions –
    – The Ones that Provide Good Guidance in Life.
    – The Ones which Reveals the Power of Nature.
    – And the Ones which allows Freedom of Will.

What is the Purposes of Religion –
    – To Understand the World around us.
    – To Appreciate the Cycles of Life.
    – And to be able to have Peace.

What False Religions Do –
    – They keep People in Ignorance!
    – They Cause Harm unto Others!
    – And they Endeavour to Enslave!

——————————————————

With Good Guidance in Life –
    – The Fruits of Plenty are Enjoyed.
    – Many Happy Relations are Founded.
    – And the Needs of Others is Satisfied.

Where is the Power of Nature –
    – In the Cleansing Forces of Storms.
    – In the Sprout of a New Seedling.
    – And in the Solar Rays of the Sun.

With Freedom of Will –
    – Negative Emotions are Cleansed Away.
    – One Enjoys a Happy Life.
    – And One gets Closer to Mother Nature.

—————————————————–

New Beliefs are like New Seedlings because –
    – They need Care and Cultivation to Grow.
    – They get Stronger with Age.
    – And they eventually Spread Seeds of New Knowledge.

To Prevent Ingnorance –
    – One needs the Knowledge of the Ages.
    – Better Wisdoms must be Exercised.
    – And the Free Exchanging of New Ideas.

When Satisfaction is Achieved –
    – Feelings of Bad Karma are Dispelled.
    – The Need for Greed is Abated.
    – And Nothing More is taken from the Earth.

3X3

Anonymous

beautiful 3×3 and remember, thinking happy thoughts is they way buddhist practice forgiveness, there is emptiness because all is connected, so all is empty because all is connected, when people are mean to us don’t waste your time thinking negative things about them, because then they control you, think positive thoughts, and seek stillness, being in the moment of all the wonder around you, so much of our unhappiness comes from worry, in fact the whole world is so full of worry that very few are happy. try to find out what you love and follow it. once you do that all good things will come to you. I try to take the evil and turn it Into good, and there is no end to assholes. they are everywhere, it sometimes helps if you can understand their fear and pain, but I also try to go by the code of it it does not concern me, then leave it alone, and that code keeps me out of a lot of trouble. I do wonder if the druids really did believe in reincarnation, and if they did did they also believe in karma. it is easy to project so much of our own beliefs on the druid culture. and as a celt I live with paradox. I can be a christian and a druid, but not at the same time. I try to find some good things in all religion, and I also try to simply avoid bad places and bad people, and this helps a lot. Still, is our subconscious fighting our conscious? and I do agree with the obodians that many of us have a wounded child and are wounded from the past memories, that like our sins we have to live with. but just the stupid idea of thinking happy thoughts and not worrying does seem to be working to make life better. the need for greed is a big one, and I find it is best to just put your energy into creativity and from there the stuff will pile up in your house until you can’t move around, so you will need a bigger house. finding happiness does come with money, and people who have money are thought of as winners, so they end up with lots of friends. money is always a hit, and so many people are in it for the money, and the cultural status, that I think they loose their way and get sick in the end, but I do like money, and women love money and guys with it. we all want to be with the winners. anyway, I’m getting into bow hunting, and I will become one with the arrow, straight and narrow, what a lot of fleeting maters you have spurred. but i will be the arrow, and dance with the calliope woman, and wrap the babe in scarlet colors, and call her my own. also, owning a cross bow makes me feel like a man, a hunter, . 3×3 there is a lot of cool things to do in life, and lots of wonderful people. but please don’t go to off the deep end on the buddhist culture, because remember, the buddhist do live in a really different culture than the Celts and the modern pagans, I am only saying when in Rome be a roman, and you will find life is easier for you, I live in a real red neck part of virginia, and country music is big here, so I play hank Williams, a country boy can survive, and people love it, and I am becoming a red neck druid, and we say grace, and we say mam, and if you ain’t into that, we don’t give a damn. cause country folks can survive.

Anonymous

but most important, don’t carry ill will around with you, let it go, just let it go.

Anonymous

A Country Boy Can Survive
    Hank Williams
    The preacher man says it’s the end of time
    And the Mississippi River, she’s a-goin’ dry
    The interest is up and the stock market’s down
    And you only get mugged if you go downtown
    I live back in the woods you see
    My woman and the kids and the dogs and me
    I got a shotgun, a rifle and a four-wheel drive
    And a country boy can survive
    Country folks can survive
    I can plow a field all day long
    I can catch catfish from dusk ’til dawn (Yeah)
    We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too
    Ain’t too many things these old boys can’t do
    We grow good-ole tomatoes and homemade wine
    Because you can’t starve us out and you can’t make us run
    ‘Cause we’re them old boys raised on shotguns
    We say grace, and we say ma’am
    If you ain’t into that, we don’t give a damn
    We came from the West Virginia coal mines
    And the Rocky Mountains, and the western skies
    And we can skin a buck, we can run a trot line
    I had a good friend in New York City
    He never called me by my name, just Hillbilly
    My grandpa taught me how to live off the land
    And his taught him to be a businessman
    He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
    And I’d send him some homemade wine
    But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
    For 43 dollars, my friend lost his life
    I’d love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude’s eyes
    And shoot him with my old .45
    ‘Cause a country boy can survive
    ‘Cause you can’t starve us out and you can’t make us run
    ‘Cause we’re them old boys raised on shotguns
    We say grace, and we say ma’am
    If you ain’t into that, we don’t give a damn
    We’re from North California and South Alabam’
    And little towns all around this land
    And we can skin a buck, and run a trotline
    A country boy can survive

Anonymous

Danu produced dawn-uh, god of the too-ha de dan-an, tribe of Danu, the Tuatha De Danann landed in Erin’s isle , danu is goddess in the sacred oak is her god, she is the river goddess of the danube, she is wisdom she is teacher, Danu reminds us that we are capable of realizing our own dreams, empowering us to create our own destiny.

Anonymous

With his mighty antlers, Cernunnos is a protector of the forest and master of the hunt.
    Herne is seen as an aspect of Cernunnos, the Horned God, in the Berkshire area of England. Around Berkshire, Herne is depicted wearing the antlers of a great stag. He is the god of the wild hunt, of the game in the forest. Herne’s antlers connect him to the deer, which was given a position of great honor. After all, killing a single stag could mean the difference between survival and starvation, so this was a powerful thing indeed. Herne was considered a divine hunter, and was seen on his wild hunts carrying a great horn and a wooden bow, riding a mighty black horse and accompanied by a pack of baying hounds.

Anonymous

Cernunnos, herne, calls me to the hunt, to the art of the bow and arrow, druids will lead you to new ways of being and new adventures that you thought you would never go on, or even dream, the awen is powerful, and the call of the druid gods and goddess is powerful, can you hear Herne’s horn, can you pull the bow, the otherworld is full of adventures, AND the hillbilly druid is going on them, through the mist, up the mountains, down the rivers, to danu’s castle we go, hunting fires will burn bright, and all will be asked for from the gods and goddess before the hunt begins, but you must have true aim, and that takes at least a year to develop. and only with Hern’s blessing may you hunt.

Anonymous

Little Log Cabin By The Sea
    Carter Family
    There is a precious volume all fingerworn and old
    In that little log cabin by the sea
    It is the old, old Bible, more precious now than gold
    It’s the Bible that my mother gave to me
    It’s the old precious Bible, blessed Bible
    That she read in the cabin by the sea (by the sea)
    It’s that precious, precious Bible
    That blessed, blessed Bible
    The Bible that my mother gave to me
    How often I have listened to the tempest howl and rage
    ‘Round that little log cabin by the sea
    My mother read of Jesus, who walked upon the waves
    How Jesus calmed the stormy Galilee
    How often, oh, how often she read that glowing word
    With the message from the precious word above
    It told of faithful Daniel, who trusted in the Lord
    While she led me in the pathway that she trod
    There is no other volume so precious as this book
    It tells me how to live and how to die
    It tells me of that city, oh, wondrous, wondrous book
    And that I’ll meet the loved ones bye and bye

Anonymous

our mums were probably our first storytellers, and the little baby druids heard their first stories from their mums, they were probably faery tails, and faery songs that sang the little baby druids to sleep. goodnight baby druids, sleep well.

Anonymous

words had power to the Celts, because words could be used to lead people and not the force of the weapons. words can shape and form nations, words have power, but this has nothing to do with spells, the best spells are just made up on the spot, and they have to do with intention and visualization and communication, even cats understand simple words, at least all the cats who live around me, and cats also sing songs, but words can be used by a leader to lead armies, or stop global warming, as Celts we should know this ogam and not undervalue the power of worlds to change the world. even hillbilly druid knows this.

Anonymous

there is no reason to think that some of the Celtic Gods were not the same as the roman gods, and by the way there were many Celtic Gods and they went all the way to Asia Minor, and down into Egypt, and many Celtic tribes, and different kinds of Celtic tribes, but the stories we have were written by the christian monks around the 5th cen and onward, and the stories are full of christian reference, so what, the stories are still largely authentic, plus it turns out that Lugh was the roman god mercury, which makes lots of sense, as Celts, we love fine craftsmanship more than the germans love engineering, although, the mini is a looser car, but the Celtic art is fine stuff, and we love that stuff. Lugh is the god of the crafts people, so august 1st is the day of the craft and art shows, but more important, lost my train of thought, oh, the Celtic day starts at sunset of the day before, and ends at sunset on the day, so august 1st starts on the last day of July at sunset, and ends at sunset of august 1st, this is because the Celts love death and come from the god of death, dis. and the Celts just were not people you messed around with, they were head hunters, and liked to burn the loosers as sacrifice to the gods, they burnt them in wooden cages, not the kind of people you want to make mad, and they had no problem with torture. so the druids were the priest and judges of head hunters, and tortures, and people who were into human sacrifice, so making the case that all the druids are just wonderful people is kind of a tuff sale, but there are people in Neo-paganism that can sell anything. best hillbilly druid.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.