faery druidry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

so there are many kinds of druidry, authurian druidry which is for history buffs, and Neo pagan druidry for Wiccans, and party druidry for people who want to party, but there is one more kind, a very sacred kind of druidry that I call faery druidry, this type of druidry is based on the Celtic Gods, goddesses and Celtic faery kingdoms. the most difficult thing I found about growing up is that there were not that many people who knew much about druidry, there are a lot more now, and the christian churches are just marriage factories, where old men decide who has sex with who, so I was very alone. but there are many faery druids and they can be found on the internet and we are a growing movement, it is difficult for young people who are searching for spirituality and attacked for looking outside the box. we all need spirituality and when we are put down for trying to find it our lives are affected in a very negative way. until we become at peace with what the universe is all about we just can not live a meaningful life. many people come to druidry looking for meaning that they will never find in the Christian Church. I’m with you druids, star tree the sacred is in all people

Anonymous

the sacred is in people, the wisdom of druidry is making connections and all is connected, that why druids did not write things down,

Anonymous

the empowerment that comes from trusting one’s own internal guidance,

Thea Summer Deer. Wisdom of the Plant Devas: Herbal Medicine for a New Earth (Kindle Locations 388-389). Inner Traditions/Bear & Company. Kindle Edition.

Anonymous

Storytelling is a very old form of hypnosis and as such is a powerful tool for transformation. Stories by nature can be contradictory, and it is through the telling, not the resolution, that we come to accept the harmony in the contradiction of our lives. We are being given the opportunity to find the truth for ourselves, even if it contradicts the prewritten scripts. And while it is important that we tell our stories, it is also important not to become overly identified with them. The stories of our past may appear to be written in stone, but they, too, shall eventually return to source as we create yet another story.

Thea Summer Deer. Wisdom of the Plant Devas: Herbal Medicine for a New Earth (Kindle Locations 397-401). Inner Traditions/Bear & Company. Kindle Edition.

david poole
    Participant

I have heard of something called the Faery Tradition, someone mentioned this to me the other day. I have never heard of it before. I am guessing that this is a form of paganism centred on the belief in faeries. I know that some people are very attracted to this path but know little about it. Would you say that the Mabinogion has inspired a particular kind of Druidry Startree?

Anonymous

Hi David, it is nice to hear from you. I am still studying the Mabinogion, so I just don’t know enough about it to comment, but I do think that the study of these books like the Mabinogion is the best thing about druidry for someone who loves English and writing. The poetry and writings of the 3rd to 12th century are wonderful. I find it is difficult to integrate druidry with today’s world. But spirituality seems to be something that each person has to figure how for himself, still, I think most people are looking for some form of spirituality. May the blessings of the Celtic Goddess, Rhiannon, Breej-eh, and Ceridwen, and the faery kingdoms be with you. Best Star tree

Anonymous

so, if each person is responsible for defining his or her spirituality, then someone could say I am a christian and be a really great person with trying to make the earth a more ecological place to live, and stopping global warming, the key is that he or her decided what christianity means and does not let some church priest or church cop tell them what christianity means. the same is with druidry, we each need to take from druidry the things that we thing mean something to us, for some people may believe in reincarnation and others not. This is why we can stand together, and it is something the the obodians claim they do, however, I did not find it this way when I was on their site. tolerance is a great thing, but it does not mean you should be a pushover, and sometimes love is more important than being right. I have agreed with all kinds of things that I did not think were right so I could be loved, and I would do it again if I thought my family would disown me. Love is important, and we all need to be loved. It is terrible living in a hateful family. also, if the government ever threaten me, I would do whatever the government wanted. I am no hero, I am just a bard and artist who enjoys peace and love. and kindness can save the day if we will carry no ill will. that is why it is so important to get in touch with how you really feel, so that you will not explode when you are pushed, by those button pushers in your life. best star tree

Anonymous

I don’t think druidry is a religion, I think it is an exploration into spirituality. When so many people have so many different ideas about what druidry is, I don’t feel that you can call druidry a religion. but there are many people who are interested in exploring the spirit in nature and the consciousness of nature, and this is one of the things druids are up to. if someone calls themselves a druid, I feel that they are saying that they are spiritual pilgrims, seeking the magic, and wonder, and love that is all around us. to say you are a druid is to say you are a person who believes in basic human rights, and that you are not a sociopath who disrespects others rights. druids are very human; we respect others views and values, at least most of us do. druidry will make a better christian of a christian, and a better buddhist of a buddhist. druidry opens us up to new ways of thinking and enjoying nature. and don’t be surprised if you meet druids who will tell you that the faery kingdom is real and not a ride at Disney land. Or druids who have been changed by the Celtic goddesses. We are all connected, and that means the way to a better world is through respecting each other and even little forest toads, who are very cute. you may find druids who can cross over to the Celtic Otherworld, or can travel the astral planes, flying to different places each night. for sure, once you get the druid inspiration you never want to go back to being a non druid. and yes we do like spiders and snakes, because we do not think we are any better than them, and that they have as much right to be here as we do. and we are never alone because all is connected. further, humans can do a lot of cool stuff, and have more ability than they think to see into the future, or change the world. Druidry makes us more alive, druidry adds life, not phosphoric fizzy drinks. Best the pilgrim star tree from the wasteland.

Anonymous

I have found that having certain herbs around you, just even in your house, can raise your spiritual consciousness, and you don’t even have to smoke it, just be around its energy and life. and that is why weed is a great spiritual creature who can help us to heal. Best Star tree

Anonymous

You know I have felt very alone with my views of druidry, like no one understands me, and it is really refreshing to read people like Lora O’Brien and Jon O’Sullivan, who back up the kind of stuff I have been saying, and O’Brian knows her shit. If you get a chance you should check out her web page, just google her name. she also can be found from a link on amazon, where she has a lot of books for sale. Look, I am not the only one who has questioned the online druid programs. There are a lot of people in druidry questioning the same stuff I am. I feel the more you question the stuff the wiser you will be, and you sure are not going to get any wide range of views over at obod, who by the way I think are kind of braindead. Druidry really has some great spiritual stuff going for it if you don’t limit yourself to the online courses, that for the most part are in it for the money. I mean think about it, just do the numbers and you will realize how much obod is taking in.

david poole
    Participant

Thinking about the Mabinogion again, I don’t think it mentions faeries at all. That is very interesting because some characters do visit the Otherworld so you would think they might find faeries everywhere over there, but no. There does appear to be more magic in the Otherworld or at least, magic appears to be easier; the Otherworld is like a completely different place with completely different rules. I am not sure whether the gods live there, they might or they might live somewhere else again. In terms of your views on Druidry everyone comes from a different perspective and has different knowledge, so sometimes it can be hard to understand where someone is coming from but you have to show patience.

Dannorix
    Participant

I personally have a little problem with the concept of faery. I honestly don’t really know what they are. For me Druidry is first and foremost about connection with the natural world, the spirits of trees, animals, stones, Land, Sea and Sky. Above that plain there are the Gods and Goddesses. I think that the medieval sources only gives us small scraps of what they are and what their nature is. Really prime sources for me are the Gundestrup Cauldron and the Pillar of the Boatman, but they are notoriously hard to interpret. Still, I learned al lot more about the nature of the Gods by meditating on those images than through reading the Mabinogion of Taliesin. But then I am personally more drawn to the Gaulish gods than the Gods of the Islands.

Anonymous

Hail Dannorix, you are on the right path. The first and most important part of being a druid is to see the spirit in nature. spirit is in the trees, and rocks, and plants, and all around, duridry is to understand that this spirit is there, and because it is spirit it has consciousness and can be communicated with. And I think the other big concept is that we are all connected with nature. If you get those two concepts that all else will be shown to you. I can understand being draw to the Gaulish gods because I have French bloodline in me, and the druids were big in Brittany and still are. You don’t have to be all into the Brythonic gods to be a druid. In Brittany the faeries are call the korigan, and they are very small and look quite ugly in daylight, but are beautiful in moonlight. And the most wonderful thing about druidry is that it does not require or ask you to follow any particular set go gods. I definitely feel drawn to cernnunos because he was the lord of the hunt, the lord of the animals. I also like the morrigan, the goddess or war and death and change, she can bring about powerful change in your life, and also turn it upside down in the process. best star tree

Anonymous

Hi David, the way I think about it is that the characters in the Mabinogion are all members of the faery tribes. those gods and goddesses and even Taliesin are of the tuatha de danannI think you may be having a problem of understanding that the faeries can look like people, and can even blow themselves up to very large sizes. also, I think we are talking about beings who live in another another dimension, so they appear very spiritual to us. and these faery beings can cross into our world. if you were to meet a member of the tuatha de danann, you would think that they are children, because they appear aw 3 to 4 feet tall. but the Mabinogion is about the gods and goddesses of the tuatha de danann, faeries like Mac lear, the sea god, or Angus og, god of love, or the dagda, the big daddy. you need to get past thinking that all faeries are no bigger than a beer mug. and remember the faeries were originally called elves, so think elves in the hobbit and you are getting there. a sylphs look like tinker bell and work with the elementals and devas in nature. in short there are all kinds of faeries, best William

david poole
    Participant

Thank you William, that is a very helpful explanation. The faeries seem to be a bit of a mystery, there is nothing wrong with that and I kind of like it that way. I notice that Brittany faeries are called korigan, does this have any connection with something called the kurgan? I think that the way that you and Dannorix are describing Druidry here is exactly the way that I see it myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.