Energy in rocks and crystals

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Energy in rocks and crystals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Angela Lawton
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone else senses energy in rocks and crystals. A few years ago I was undergoing a crystal healing session and when the healer had created a grid of clear quartz crystals around the couch she put two clear quartz crystals in each of my hand and I felt a tangible electric like current like a volt of electricity form each crystal. Also many years ago I went to Silbury Hill and was sitting at the bottom of the hill watching a tractor on the horizon when I felt again an electric type of energy travel up my spine. I was wondering if this is earth energy that ancient Druids would have worked with. I would be interested in anyone else’s experiences of such energy.

Beech Nut
    Participant

Hi Angela, yes I do feel too. Like a tingling energy. Some stones or crystals feel stronger than others. It’s a wonderful thing to feel for sure. I feel each has its own frequency and like as not, purpose just like us!

Dowrgi
    Participant

Quartz is a piezoelectric crystal, it has an asymmetric crystalline structure or unit cell, therefore it can generate electrical current from mechanical force, sound waves or pressure. This is how some modern gadgets that light up when you whistle or clap work. Other materials also have piezoelectrical properties, too – including DNA.

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

Standing stones can contain a high amount of quartz, this makes them act like energy collectors or batteries and if you work with them you may feel changes in energy. This is certainly something which I have experienced myself.

Dowrgi
    Participant

If people are buying and using crystals, please make sure that they’re ethically sourced. This was not something I was aware of until quite recently, but I’ve found out that the conditions of the workers and the environmental damage caused by the growing demand for crystals is far from negligible, so I think it’s something we need to know about.

I’m not sure about the science of crystals or rocks being able to store any kind of energy or have any intrinsic energy of their own and not all crystals transduce, as in the piezoelectrical effect, either. However, I do think that by being in touch with these monuments from so long ago it creates and awe-inspiring connection to our distant ancestors so I prefer to think of it as a power rather than energy, even if that could seem paradoxical. Nevertheless, one interesting fact that is backed up by science is that time is distorted by greater gravity, i.e. it’s slower when there is a greater gravitational effect – Gravitational Redshift effect. Whether our ancestors knew this or perceived this is open to a fair amount of debate given that the effects are so minute that they wouldn’t really make a difference to humans in around the Pyramids or other enormous stone monuments, but it’s certainly food for thought.

Bennathow
    /|\

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Thanks for your replies it’s nice to know I am not alone in sensing these things Beech Nut. That’s a good point about ensuring crystals are ethically sourced Dowrgi. I hadn’t thought of exchanging the word energy for power but it makes a lot of sense. I haven’t done any work with the Ancestors and I’m not very intellectual I work with intuition a lot.

Vaelico
    Participant

Hi Angela! I have a green chrysoberyl orb, I bought it because I used to have one blue and it felt really awesome, but I left it in Spain. I think it’s a really interesting mineral, in case you want to try it.
    /|\

Angela Lawton
    Participant

hi Vaelico thanks for the welcome on the hello thread. That sounds like an interesting mineral I will have a look out for one and see what I pick up from it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept