Druid sacred sites in Virginia are Millions of years old

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Druid sacred sites in Virginia are Millions of years old

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Startree
    Participant

Druid sacred sites in Virginia are Millions of years old

Druids have been living in The Blue Ridge Mts of Virginia for millions of years, and there are many sacred druid sites in Virginia. Even Thomas Jefferson was a Druid of Virginia and he got many of his ideas for the Constitution of the United States from the Druids. Further, druid sites can be found all along the Appalachian trail. One place that is sacred to the druids is the peaks of otter mountain in Virginia, and even the George Washington monument obelisk in Washington DC has living stone from that mountain in the obelisk’s base. Further, the Blue Ridge Mountains are some of the oldest mountains in the world and have a very large faery population. However, the faeries keep to themselves in Virginia, but if you are a druid you will see them. They like to dress in blue hats and green clothes. The oak trees and apple trees are very special to the druids in Virginia and most magical. There is a ley line running through the Peaks of Otter. There is also a ley line running through Charlottesville Virginia. Moreover, it was the good folks who warned Jefferson that the British were heading to Monticello, giving Jefferson time to escape from the Red Coats. Druids have a central tenant of belief in reincarnation, and many druids like reincarnating in Virginia because it is as beautiful as Scotland in its own way. Many neodruids are under the false idea that the druids were wiped out. This is completely wrong. However, the druids do keep a low profile because we are not interested in power, or forming large organizations like many of the neodruids are. Further, druids have never engaged in warfare, we have only advocated for peace. Plus, many neopagans, are reincarnated druids and are often found as grovekeepers. And many neodruids were American Indian shaman in their past lives, this is most common and explains why so many neodruids have encounters with power animals and feel drawn to visit America.

Startree
    Participant

Druid stone circle in Virginia is older than Stonehenge, Spout run druid circle is in Bluemont Virginia, on a Ley line in alignment with Washington DC, and is about 50 miles from DC. The druid stone circle has 3 concentric rings of stones. And is near Spout run stream where it goes over a waterfall into the Shenandoah river. Proving once again that druids have been around for millions of years. Quantities of Jasper have been found at the site. Jasper are the living stone spirits of courage, wisdom, and healing and carry a mighty connection to earth energy, and strength.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Interesting, however, I think we should be cautious in attributing these structures to “druids”; surely they are more connected to the ancestors of the Native American peoples who live(d) in those areas. I’m not sure how we connect an ancient NW European Celtic cultural phenomenon to pre-Columbus/contact Native Americans.

Bennathow.
    /|\

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Dowrgi. Reason: typos
    Startree
    Participant

Druid Dowrgi, you should try divination, and I think you will find I am correct. For as us attorney Bill Barr just said,” history is written by the winners.” You seem not to understand how old the Druids are. We have been all over the planet and have been here for millions of years. It is a very Britonic and nationalistic view that the druids were only in the great country of England, home of Chaucer, who by the way almost had his work destroyed by the English government. It got down to two copies. But the angels helped and so we still have our beloved Canterbury Tales. Again history is written by the winners, and in this case the Christian Church who have tried every way to discredit and destroy the druids because we understand that all the world is sacred and do not need a priest to be the middle man between us and the god spirit or the goddess spirit. divination and traveling to the otherworld will help you see the truth, which will set you free, your higher will and real truth. Do not be fooled by the travel industry who puts forth lies in order to promote nationalism. And do not think that the druids were so stupid that they did not know all about America long before it was discovered by the vikings and then yes stupid Columbus who started the destruction of the native tribes and later the Europeans who stole the tribal lands of the great Indian nations and forced the Indians to conform to christian views. Not to mention all of the sacred druid sites in America that the christians secretly hid and wiped out and destroyed. Further the druids are also now located on other planets in this galaxy and many of them are now just returning home because of the terrible state of the environment on our home planet. We are now sending our prayers and spells to heal the planet and change world consciousness. Druids have never used violence and have never fought in wars, even though many historians say they have. Again, the winners are trying to write the history. But as the Grateful Dead say in the song St Stephen, ” did he doubt or did he try, answers are plenty in the bye and bye. Answers are also plenty with the use of divination. Have you tried scrying. You should, it will blow your mind. And don’t forget how powerful the druid magic is. Yes druids can travel time and space, we can mind meld with plants and animals and trees. We can step into other dimensions and talk to gods and angels. Once you start seeing that the divine is all around you, you can do all sorts of tricks in the stream and current of time. Of spiral time, and unwind the spiral and you will find a wave that you can surf on the source of that wave. Most of all you can use the druid path to change your life to a more powerful positive life. There are divine spirits of place everywhere, and you can bet the lord of the woods and the moon goddess spend plenty of time in the USA. And always remember that star tree highly recommends casting a magic circle before using or engaging in any scrying activities or other magic activities. and remember, use spring or river water in the scrying bowel and not water that has been through pipes. further check out the scorpion moon that is coming up next Monday.
    Best Star tree

Dowrgi
    Participant

It is a very Britonic and nationalistic view that the druids were only in the great country of England,

So did druids build the Pyramids then? Were the Mayans actually druids? Was the Minoan civilisation based on druidry? We can’t just go around attributing druid this and druid that to anything that pleases us at whim, this is a great disservice to the Celtic cultures whence druidism came and also a great disservice to those other cultures who have their own traditions, beliefs and ways of seeing the world.

How about what the Native American people say about the structures that have been part of their landscape for millennia?

home of Chaucer, who by the way almost had his work destroyed by the English government.

When did that happen? Chaucer was a court poet and is even believed to have written for the son of Edward II of England and was buried in Westminster.

We need to be very careful these days, as is pointed in the Bardic course too, about cultural appropriation and, likewise, misappropriation.

Bennathow.
    /|\

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree about being careful of use of the word ‘druid’. There is natural wisdom, sacred wisdom, ancient spirit wisdom in each region of the world and human society arranged themselves around that with reference to particular geographies or different phases of Ice Age or water/land topography. It has become very trendy to be a druid but in a way has become a meaningless term if used either for a global practice or for anyone in a locality regardless of natural aptitude, specific training, beliefs held or other options. Wiccan practice is also a pagan (a Christian term of course) practice and is different to druid practice yet the two have become almost interchangeable, Wicccan, Druid, whatever… tried that now I’ll try Druid. I agree that Druid was specific to Celtic regions and NW Europe specifically although as a proto Druid druidry was before the Celts arrived and many stone circles were in place and use before Celts c. 2,500 BCE. Britain has its own long history just as every other region and despite Roman historians having a clear agenda in their writing the fact is they are primary sources, many different writers knew about the druids and the land – just as Native Americans and Aborigines have their land – was NW Britain, hence the disaster in history in 43 CE when the feared druids were overrun by the superior Roman technology. It is mentioned folk in black at that time and wearing primary colours of black for more earth practice, herbal workers etc who know about the moon and white for the solar marking – logical because no human can change the logical course of the Sun, is a simple and respectful differentiation, but even in our local parts, wearing of black and white has become mixed up. Who would want to be an original druid today? Law, philosophy, 20 years of study? Druids were known as philosophers, not druidry as a philosophy and that I find has become the confusion over the last 2,000 years. Nowadays in modern society we all have the luxury of being in different philosophies or beliefs, back then the function was god and a philosopher priest was part of the function of the region, an equal part just as everyone else, but different. Of course with Roman and then Christian trajectories who knows what might have been, but the original is not hidden from view and I for one am in favour of a return to the original simplicity. Anne Milligan

Startree
    Participant

Hi Druidress Anne Milligan,
    Let me just give this short block quote from chieftess Emma Restall Orr, from her book “Principles of Druidry,” because I think it is important.

“It is also possible to describe Druidry as any Earth-ancestor spirituality. Even if we accept the ideas that Druidry was brought to Britain by ancient Egyptians whose knowledge was give them by refugee Atlanteans, which to many seems rather a wild soul dream., the essence of the faith is still the honoring of the fertile earth and the father/mother bringers of life and wisdom” (p9, Druidry, Chieftess Orr)

. Best Greyfalcon and your post was well thought out and very helpful.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Startree.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes we live in strange times, time has become linear and apparently everything is possible but we all have our own personal equation of point on earth, radius from that, and the triangle point up into the sky which of course is light by day and stars by night. How we choose our dimensions is a matter of free choice these days, but confusing from that some feel. Blessings, Anne M (Mountain Goat)

Startree
    Participant

Hail Druidress Anne, if you get a chance you might like the book Sacred Animals by Gordon Maclellan. I really think you will like it. Gordon is also known in druid circles and the Toad, and Chief Graywolf suggested this book. I am really enjoying reading the book. Best William

Greywolf
    Participant

“Druid sacred sites in Virginia are Millions of years old?”
    The earliest evidence of human activity in North America dates from 130,000 years ago, and even that is contested, with most estimates still ranging between 17,000 and 13,000 years ago, so clearly the sites referred to cannot be ‘millions of years old’ and made by humans. Given that our earliest evidence for the existence of Druids dates from not much more than 2,000 years ago, any site older than that cannot be firmly associated with them. Even if, as I do, you’re inclined to believe that megalithic structures in the British Isles are attributable to what we might call proto-Druids, the oldest of these are little more than 6,000 years old. The point of making extravagant claims for which there is absolutely no evidence has always eluded me, like the claim the Ancient Druid Order make that Druidry originated in Atlantis. Apart from anything else, this dishonours our ancestors by dismissing them as primitives who were incapable of building anything or creating a religion or philosophy for themselves. For me, the actual, verifiable facts of archaeology, history and prehistory are quite fascinating enough and exploring the truth about them respectfully honours our ancestors. Like a lot of Druids, I like to speculate, but I also like to keep my speculations within the realms of the possible! And, as pointed out in an earlier reply, to claim early American sites as Druidic dishonours the original inhabitants of the Americas, the first nations people who we know to have created magnificent structures and fine religious philosophies without any outside help.
    Sorry for the rant, but these things are important to me.
    Blessings,
    Greywolf /|\

Startree
    Participant

Dear Chief Greywolf, I think you made many excellent points, and it has made me think. I agree with all of the things you are saying and will be more careful in the future about making claims that cannot be backed up by archaeology and documented history. I do like how you stressed that “the First Nations people who we know to have created magnificent structures and fine religious philosophies without any outside help.” best William

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept