- April 26, 2020 at 3:42 pm #10390DalerParticipant
I have only just seen the greeting from Dowrgi, thank you for the welcome.April 27, 2020 at 4:08 am #10407StartreeParticipant
The use of herbs to stop the virus.
Most neodruids do not understand the spiritual power of herbs to fight disease. It is the spiritual power and consciousness of the herb that is important, and the chemical makeup of the herb does none of the work in fighting disease. I think it is very sad that as the virus spreads the Pharma companies are making huge profits selling anti-anxiety drugs when fresh herbs would go a long way to solving the problem. Disease, if you can see it like a real druid can, is a living spiritual person. The current virus is a mean one and looks like a bright white skeleton of death. It came from the realm of death and is most evil and difficult to fight, but herbs can fight it because of the herbs’ spiritual forces. Many neodruids find this hard to believe because they want a rational explanation for everything. I encourage you to wash your hands and use social distancing, but I also as a druid firmly believe that using herbs will help in fighting this virus. Remember what Winston Churchill said, “ The empires of the future are the empires of the mind. So, try to open your mind to the spiritual healing power of herbs. Best Star TreeMay 15, 2020 at 3:48 pm #10644
Found this Humorous Email about the Lockdown that you guys might get a Giggle out of:
So just to clarify, and makes sure that we are all aware of the rules on lockdown…….
As we enter the next 3 weeks of lockdown, here is a summary of the advice:
1. You MUST NOT leave the house for any reason, but if you have a reason, you can leave the house
2. Masks are useless at protecting you against the virus, but you may have to wear one because it can save lives, but they may not work, but they may be mandatory, but maybe not
3. Shops are closed, except those shops that are open
4. You must not go to work but you can get another job and go to work
5. You should not go to the Drs or to the hospital unless you have to go there, unless you are too poorly to go there
6. This virus can kill people, but don’t be scared of it. It can only kill those people who are vulnerable or those people who are not vulnerable people. It’s possible to contain and control it, sometimes, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster
7. Gloves won’t help, but they can still help so wear them sometimes or not
8. STAY HOME, but it’s important to go out
9. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarkets, but there are many things missing. Sometimes you won’t need loo rolls but you should buy some just in case you need some
10. The virus has no effect on children except those children it effects
11. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
12. Stay 2 metres away from tigers (see point 11)
13. You will have many symptoms if your get the virus, but you can also get symptoms without getting the virus, get the virus without having any symptoms or be contagious without having symptoms, or be non contagious with symptoms…
14. To help protect yourself you should eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand as it’s better not to go out shopping
15. It’s important to get fresh air but don’t go to parks but go for a walk. But don’t sit down, except if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant or if you’re not old or pregnant but need to sit down. If you do sit down don’t eat your picnic
16. Don’t visit old people but you have to take care of the old people and bring them food and medication
17. If you are sick, you can go out when you are better but anyone else in your household can’t go out when you are better unless they need to go out
18. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house. These deliveries are safe. But groceries you bring back to your house have to be decontaminated outside for 3 hours including Pizza…
19. You can’t see your older mother or grandmother, but they can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver
20. You are safe if you maintain the safe social distance when out but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance
21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours … or four hours… six hours… I mean days, not hours… But it needs a damp environment. Or a cold environment that is warm and dry… in the air, as long as the air is not plastic
22. Schools are closed so you need to home educate your children, unless you can send them to school because you’re not at home. If you are at home you can home educate your children using various portals and virtual class rooms, unless you have poor internet, or more than one child and only one computer, or you are working from home. Baking cakes can be considered maths, science or art. If you are home educating you can include household chores to be education. If you are home educating you can start drinking at 10am
23. If you are not home educating children you can also start drinking at 10am
24. The number of corona related deaths will be announced daily but we don’t know how many people are infected as they are only testing those who are almost dead to find out if that’s what they will die of… the people who die of corona who aren’t counted won’t be counted
25. You should stay in locked down until the virus stops infecting people but it will only stop infecting people if we all get infected so it’s important we get infected and some don’t get infected
26. You can join your neighbours for a street party and turn your music up for an outside disco and your neighbours won’t call the police. People in another street are allowed to call the police about your music.
27. No business will go under due to Coronavirus except those businesses that will have already gone under.May 15, 2020 at 4:25 pm #10645GreywolfParticipant
Thank you for your kind responses, good people. Sounds as though Dowgri and I are both blessed with tolerant neighbours! I’ve been living here in North Wiltshire for 19 years now and have never had a single noise complaint, even when repeatedly running through lead guitar parts in an attempt to get ’em right. Mind you, I always do that with the windows closed 😉 After finishing the group of healing pieces, I started work on another project, building a reconstruction of what I think a ‘lost’ British and Irish instrument called a tiompán might have been like. I finished it about a week ago and published a blog about it that has an embedded video and sound files of my first few goes at playing it. They’re a bit scrappy due to my being new to the thing and the new strings not holding their tuning that well, but I’m really pleased with how it turned out, never having even tried to make a stringed instrument before. Well, if you fancy checking it out, it’s here: https://greywolf.druidry.co.uk/2020/05/shadows-of-the-tiompans-strings/
Greywolf /|\May 15, 2020 at 7:03 pm #10649
Hi Greywolf. That tiompán is really impressive. The look reminds me a little of a West African instrument called a hoddu, and the sound is similar – I think this is one of the most ancient instruments and might even go as far back as Ancient Egypt. The sound of your instrument and your playing was reminiscent to me of Greek music, a bit like a folk bouzouki, I can well imagine this is an accompaniment to the Iliad’s verses being sung by an ancient Greek aoidos.
/|\July 28, 2020 at 7:14 pm #11586
My response back at the beginning of this was during one of my regular rituals to sit with the healers and doctors from my settled ancestors. Infectious disease is nothing new.
The took me in trance to meet the virus and speak to it. My first impression was that it was very friendly and amicable, and just wanting to live its own life. It seemed very eager to be on good terms. However, with my ancestors accompanying me, the overall feeling was of distrust and not to get close. My feeling was that it was – not exactly lying – but trying to manipulate me so that I got close to it. It is now a part of our natural world, and indeed has its own life that it wants to live, it doesnt seem malicious, but incompatible with us living our life in a healthy way, and is neither acting out of dislike, nor concern for our wellbeing.
( I have since read several other accounts of people journeying to speak to the virus, and they all reported similar -that its friendly, wants to be our friend and has gifts and teaching for us – which is really what I got but I got this as manipulation and wanting to get close for its own ends. Saying what you want to hear to get on your good side. I also noted that the accounts I read did not mention any of the writers journeying with ancestors or healers to accompany them, I got the impression the virus was appealing to the persons ego to get on their good side.) I personally found the virus seductive and it would have been very easy to go along with it.
I thanked the virus and declined its offer of friendship, and my ancestors brought me back to a safe place where we sat together. With the understanding that the virus is now part of the natural world, and just wanting to live rather than some evil being, they gave me a ritual to do around my home to protect myself and my family. The household. For us to be close together, acknowledge the virus but not welcome it into the home. They gave me offerings to give to it outside, to be on good terms but keep away, and ask for easy passage through any illness it might cause. We ran through a number of possible scenarios which were NOT to happen to our family.
So I did the ritual a few days later and all has been well so far.
I’m not giving the details away because my understanding is that this was a tailor made ritual for myself, NOT a cure or something that ca be applied everywhere , anywhere. However, I guess the journey part to ask for help from your ancestors can be done by anyone with a good relationship with them, and with caution. This help may come in many different ways.
Around a week later I felt it ok to offer up a ritual session for others who were worried about their wellbeing, I took their names and adapted my ritual to be done on their behalf. I’d never done this kind of work before, but felt moved to have a go, if nothing else it is a learning curve.
Since then, this part of the work feels ‘done’ and not something that should be repeated. Having just written this down now, my rational mind tells me that is probably not a good idea to give it too many offerings and attract it to my family. The idea was to give it a substitute and have it pass by.
July 28, 2020 at 7:31 pm #11589
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Paul Badger.
Thanks for that Paul. I lit a fire and placed a lot of my own dried herbs, sage, thyme and rue, on it and then I played my drum. As the smoke curled up into the sky, I tried to imagine the healing smoke encircling all of life on this planet and protecting it from the virus. I also imaged the sticks being thrown into the fire as the virus being destroyed. This was accompanied by prayer and a chant that I posted here too. I’ve done this on more than one occasion. I hope I’m doing something that will help, along with the mundane wearing a mask and washing my hands. We have to fight this thing on different levels.
/|\July 28, 2020 at 7:34 pm #11590
ADDITION (as I cant seem to edit my post now)
Where I said that I thought anyone could do the journey to ask for help from their ancestors – that is precisely what I meant. I asked for healers and those who had survived outbreaks of disease from my settled ancestors, those who look upon me with love, concern and protection, and I asked for their help and advice.
I did NOT ask to be taken to visit the virus, and this was not my intention at all. It was simply to ask for guidance and protection. Maybe I’m erring on the side of caution but just want to make that clear, I’m not advising anyone to go visit to virus willy nilly.
July 29, 2020 at 5:07 pm #11604
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Paul Badger.
Thanks for your response, Dowrgi.
I would also be interested to hear from Greywolf , and others, how they have used his chants from the youtube channelJuly 30, 2020 at 7:56 am #11616
You’re welcome Paul.
I agree, it would be interesting to hear from other people too.
Keep safe and take care.
/|\August 24, 2020 at 8:59 pm #11987
Started Feeling Off Yesterday! Aching Muscles, Tiredness and Fatigue along with No Appetite.
Already rang to notify my Doctor.
3X3August 27, 2020 at 2:18 am #12006
Doing ‘Shave And A Haircut’ while Knocking On Wood.
This is for those who need a good Knocking On Wood when they need it.
Also Dedicated to those who have managed to keep themselves from getting Covid19 by doing Social Distancing and keeping themselves Safe as well as Sanitized.
Everytime I have informed someone that I have thus far Avoided getting Covid19, I would always do a ‘Shave And A Haircut’ while Knocking On Wood.
So this is my Rendition of doing ‘Shave And A Haircut’ while Knocking On Wood of some Wood Paneling.
3X3August 28, 2020 at 9:47 pm #12016
Yesterday I had a Telephone Discussion with my Doctor and my Doctor recommended I get Tested.
So I called the 811 Number that she gave me and found out that there has been a Convenient Parking Lot Testing Site that has been set up behind the Broadway Campass of the Vancouver Community College.
It was well organized but there was something that caused me to get Really Cross.
They had Portable Johns put out but they were only for the Facility Staff. They had nothing for available for Patients and Clients.
I am Very Upset that they did not provide something for their Patients and Clients!
Just made a Big Batch of Chicken Soup loaded with Garlic & Ginger as well as several other Spices.
But I loaded it with Massive Amounts of Garlic & Ginger as well as Poultry Seasonings to Enhance my Immune System against the Covid19 that I might have.
Put in Celery, Broccoli, Onions and Frozen Mixed Vegetables. No Cans of Tomato Soup. I am making this a Classic Chicken Soup that Mom used to make.
3X3September 6, 2020 at 3:28 pm #12067david pooleParticipant
That sounds like the best meal which I have ever heard of, you are a good cook 3 x 3.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.