Druid Healing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Angela Lawton
    Participant

I’ve taken the plunge and signed up for the first package of the Bardic course I think it;s the taster pack I only paid £20.00 for it. However I feel like skipping the Bardic course to get to the Ovate course as I think that would interest me more. I’m particularly interested in all forms of healing and was once a Reiki healer but that has fallen by the wayside now. Therefore I was wondering if there is a Druid form of hands on healing using something akin to the chakras? I attended a Ceile De workshop years ago and remember some discussion of the three cauldrons that correspond to the chakras also obviously the chants themselves are a healing tool. I would be interested in any experiences and information regarding this.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hello,

As someone who’s doing the Ovate course, just started, and completed the Bardic Course, I don’t think it’s a good idea to skip anything. The Bardic Course lays the foundations for a lot of the material in the Ovate Course. The Bardic Course is also important in its own right, too.

Bennathow
    /|\

Vaelico
    Participant

I don’t recommend skipping the bardic course as well, I think the work on imbas is very important, even if you’re only interested in healing. My main interests are divination and vision, but I understand that, without its base, it’s not the same. I encourage you to give it a try.
    /|\

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Thanks for the replies guys. Point taken I will have to put my brain into gear and give the Bardic course my best shot. Divination and vision would be an interest to me too.

Dowrgi
    Participant

Thanks for the replies guys. Point taken I will have to put my brain into gear and give the Bardic course my best shot. Divination and vision would be an interest to me too.

You might be surprised how much of what you seem to be seeking is also to be found in the Bardic Course – it’s not just about poetry. Don’t put your brain into gear, put your heart into gear. 🙂

Bennathow
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

There is a lot to be found within the Bardic course Angela, I think that it lays a lot of ground work for Druidic studies; I would not recommend skipping it, you will miss out on so much. I think there is some room to fit in extra topics like divination around Bardic studies.

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement guys I will do my best when I can access the course material having not seen it I can’t judge really. However from reading the posts on this forum you all seem very educated and well read so I think I will have my work cut out. I like the idea of working from the heart Dowrgi any spiritual or religious path should come from the heart as love is the only thing that matters.

david poole
    Participant

One thing that I will say, it is probably best to work through the lessons in sequence, they do appear to build upon one another and later lessons do refer back to earlier ones. I have found it fairly demanding to complete some of the lessons or to assimilate their suggestions, so it pays to take things carefully and thoughtfully.

Angela Lawton
    Participant

Thanks David I will take your advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept