double spiral time and linear time.

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum double spiral time and linear time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Startree
    Participant

Looking at time in a linear time line, you will experience time as a series of events, example: romans came to England and wrote about the druids, and then in the 10th century, the monks wrote down the story of Taliesin. All this is fine, and it is one way of marking the milestones of time. But there are other ways of seeing time. As a druid, I see time as a double spiral, one that goes in and turns around and goes back out. I see and experience the human spirit as eternal, a Celtic spirit that has no beginning or end, but just a spirit that experiences change. This is how the Celtic warriors saw the human soul, and why they were not afraid to die in bloody battle, for they knew that it was not real death that they would experience, but just a break, a stop over at Tír na nÓg. So, to experience time as a double spiral you have to understand the Celtic concept of reincarnation. In double spiral time, many times are all going on at the same time. Think of a line cutting through a double spiral if you will. And you will start to understand what I am saying to you. Also, there are many worlds going on in the same space that you are now standing, or I suppose sitting in front of your computer. More than that, there are people and beings that can jump these times. And the future times are effecting the past times. I know this seems a lot to get your mind around, but this is how I see time in Druidland. So, I think that some druids do not understand me because I am not always talking about liner time, or what would be referred to as Historical time. Now it is fine if you are a druid and you do not believe in reincarnation, or the otherworld, or the faery races. I am not saying or telling you what to believe. I think it is fine for a druid to be an atheist if that is how a druid see his or her world. I also think there are times when a druid needs to talk in liner time, marking milestones. But I find that the magical world does not work in linear time and that it is experienced in a double spiral time. Please do not think I am being disrespectful to you druids who see things differently. I am just trying to express how I experience time. I also think that many dimensions are going on at the same time. And that the faery world is very much a dimension that is just one quick step or blink over from ours. Both this mundane world and the faery world are in the same space. Now again, if you do not believe in the faery world and are a druid, that is fine. All druids should think and experience druidry in their own way, and hopefully all druids will respect other druids views on time and reincarnation of the eternal human spirit. And when I talk of eternity, I am talking of forever and ever, and ever. Now, in this view can arise the problem where it could be seen that I am disrespecting primitive cultures and primitive religion. But if you can understand where I am coming from, then you would understand that I have experienced countless lifetimes, and reincarnated in countless human culture. I have been and American Indian many many times, and I have been a Celtic Druid in Scotland and Ireland many many times. And reincarnation is not confined to this planet. Druids can reincarnate in human forms on countless planets in the universe. Now you may find this laughable and think it is funny. But these are my beliefs and I have as much right in the druid community as others have to their beliefs, a community that says in practices toleration for all beliefs. I hope this clears up some of the misunderstanding people have when they read my writings. I wish you all well, and a thousand welcomes to the double spiral time of the druids. Best BlueFalcon

Dowrgi
    Participant

My own feeling from the Welsh and Irish texts, inasmuch as we can rely on their being a representation of Celtic thought, is that we’re dealing more with the idea of parallel dimensions: the otherworld(s) exist “next” to the physical/material world; there’s doesn’t seem to be a before or after. In the folklore traditions, numerous examples reveal a notion that one day in “fairy land” can be equal to many years in our world – again, this seems very inter-dimensional.

Another thing that has struck me is that there does not seem to be any creation myth that has come down to us from the Celtic mythological realms. Far be it from me to say unequivocally that there was none, but we certainly don’t seem to have “inherited” one. Perhaps, there was no Celtic creation myth because ancient Celtic thought did not see things in terms of beginnings and endings but rather as cycles and, as we know, a circle has no beginning nor ending. Now, I’ll add here that I have come across some stories that purport to be Celtic creation myths, however, on investigation, there’s not much to back up their authenticity and they seem to have been extrapolated by modern thinkers.

Bennathow
    /|\

Startree
    Participant

Now, quantum physics is backing up this idea of multiple dimensions. Now, I want to state that double spiral time is just one way to look at time, you can also look at time as historical time or linear time. For now though, there are not many college history professors who are willing to risk losing their job, where they make their money to pay their bills, and come out and say yes there is a faery world, and it is real, or yes time is not all linear. As a druid, I have a lot of interaction with the faery world, and yes time is different there. Also, I want to be careful because I do not want to make a statement that could be seen as being disrespectful to the American Indians and their culture. So I have to be careful about how I talk about this stuff or it can upset people. I assure you and other druids, I am not trying to be disrespectful to primitive religions or cultures. But I do think that many of the primitive religions were very similar to the druid religion in their understanding of the otherworld. I think that the people at Stonehenge could have been very similar to druids, and just so I don’t offend people I will call those people The Blue Woad people, but in my mind they were so similar to druids that for all purposes I believe they were druids. But if that upsets people, I am glad to call them the Blue Woad People, either way they were using primitive magic, which is the same thing that druids use. Nothing new. Still very few history professors understand the purpose of Stonehenge, and cannot grasp the fact that it was a way to increase or amplify the cone of power, and the between world doors. Druids could, and still can use Stonehenge to create a cone of power so powerful that it can knock down a castle wall, or knock over a charging band of warriors with a wave of energy, or open up a Stargate. This is done in much the same way as witches, raise and send a cone of power. But for historians they only see Stonehenge as an astronomical monument, which it is but at the same time it was also used to bring down star energy to add to the cone of power. However, try telling that to an historian or some Neo-pagans and they will just laugh at you and say you are off your medication or drunk, or where can I get some of the drugs that you are taking. Now I understand as druids, we do not want to appear crazy to the muggle world, and have to be careful about how we talk about the magic world, because muggles will never understand it. And the best way to be a druid is to be tolerant of other druids ideas and listen to all views. And I respect and honor all world religions. Now, I don’t know anything about the druids being connected up to Atlantis, so I can not really talk about it, but I do know that the Tuatha De dannan are described as arriving in Ireland in silver floating ships, so, could they be from another planet? I don’t know. I don’t really care. I do care that the Tuatha de Dannan are where many of my Irish and Scottish gods and Goddesses come from, and I do care that when I am around the Tuatha de dannan that my consciousness is uplifted and becomes more enlightened. I do care that we should not pollute this planet because we are not the only people who live here. The faery races live here too. And the animals, our cousins, live here. And we do not have the right to destroy the planet with global warming. Further, many Neo-pagans do not understand Ley line energy, and that is a problem. And many people who call themselves druids are really only Neo-pagans, which is not the same thing as a Celtic Druid. As druids, we need to stay open and tolerant to all views of our fellow druids. And I like the word, respectful, better than I like the word tolerant. I think it is important to remember that many of the modern druid ideas came from the counter culture ideas of the 60s and 70s, a time when people were more open to spiritual exploration. However, with the rise of the internet, druids have become more respectable, and there is also a great deal of money to be made in druidry. I feel, and this is just my personal oppinion, that druids are trying to codify and justify many of their beliefs through using documented history and pointing to 10th century text as holy scripture. I feel that The Neo pagans are trying to become part of main stream world religion, and are not as open to new spiritual ideas as the counter culture of the 60s and 70s was. I feel that many of the leaders of the 60s and 70s no longer believe in magic and have turned to history and psychology, self help, as and alternative to the magic of druidry. Further, as all religions start to gather steam, all religions become more full of hypocrisy, and this is nothing new, and should be expected. Soon, in the future, it is my prediction that the Neo Pagan movements and groups like the OBOD will become huge, but remember the OBOD already claim 20,000 members worldwide, and I think it is more than that. the current world religions are not working, not saving the planet from global warming, and people are looking for alternatives. In contrast, I try to practice a very primitive form of druidry, a form a druidry that is not Neo-pagan, a druidry that is faery faith, and Celtic god and goddess faith, for for me, druidry is the same thing as the primitive region of the blue woad people, dressed in animal skins, dancing around a fire, reaching out to the Skys full of stars, and bathing in the star energy, while through their feet the Ley energy of the land is flowing, like awen, through the spiraling energy centers of their bodies, opening their minds and hearts to the awesome love of the gods and goddesses. A thousand blessings, BlueFalcon.

Dowrgi
    Participant

I think you might enjoy a book called the Tao of Physics, if you haven’t already read it that is.

The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels Between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism, Fritjof Capra (1975).

Bennathow
    /|\

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Dowrgi. Reason: format
    Startree
    Participant

Thank Dowrgi, I did try to read the Tao of Physics but found it too confusing, but I most of all want to say that I feel that all druids should be able to feel free to state their views, and disagree with my views. The way I see druidry is only one way, and there are many ways to see druidry. I always feel that druids are creative and imaginative people, and I think that all the members of the BDO are very thoughtful, kind, and intelligent people. I do listen to others views, and they are very helpful, and I do try to change anything that anyone finds offensive. I learn a lot from my fellow druids. I try to be respectful and learn from my mistakes and always improve my social skills. I know that a lot of people think that I seem pretty far out there, but that is just the way I am. I have some far out views on life. But I am not all alone. Believe it or not there are many other druids and witches who think the way I do. I always feel that druidry is best lived in small groves, and I don’t think mega groves, or mega Neo Pagan groups are a good idea, but I am not against people believing in whatever they want to, or people celebrating druidry however they want to. I am not the Druid Police. I support, creativity, and art, and imagination, and freedom of expression. If anything, as a druid bard, I always welcome the views of other people who don’t see things the way I do. And I listen. And I encourage druids to express their views and not to be afraid to disagree with me or other druids. I am listening. A thousand Blessings, BlueFalcon

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Startree.
    Startree
    Participant

Now, if we are all truly one, blood and bones, stones and feathers, all one, then is it such a far reach of the imagination to think that primitive religions and cultures from all over the world were not aware of each other on the spiritual and astral level. That a person in Ireland could have had a conversation about magic on the astral planes with a person in India, or North America, a conversation where magical circles were talked about. If we are all one, and all is one, then nothing happens in a vacuum. I myself have been at meetings of the witches on the astral plane, and me, and all of the witches could describe the same setting where we met, and what each person said. So, if all is one, then is it such a far reach to think that different primitive culture, and I hate to use that word, primitive, because what is called primitive in our culture is not primitive at all, and may well be a much more advanced way of living in the world, contacting the animal spirits for guidance, and respecting nature. If all is one, is it such a reach to think that in the past, the shamans of the different tribes all over the world were not in contact with each other on the astral planes? ???????? Jung talked about the collective unconscious, but I think that is just an academic term, for astral meetings. Now I do talk from personal experience, So I know that this type of thing can and does happen. There are witch covens where all of the witches meet to discuss coven business on the astral, and it just like being in a real meeting. We are trying too hard to make everything in the mundane world fit into the otherworld. And the otherworld is all around you, as close as your breath.
    And there may be a faery looking over your shoulder as you read these words! Now a druid who didn’t question things, and think for themselves, would not be much of a druid, would they? A thousand blessings, BlueFalcon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept