Differences between druids and witches

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Differences between druids and witches

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    david poole
    Participant

Thank you for a very good explanation Greywolf. This clears up a lot of things for me.

I have read Greywolf’s book on Druidry and know of the stories of the wolf and the eagle. So far I have not experienced anything like this myself, but then I am still learning and have a long way to go in terms of my practice and experience.

Gary Colcombe was interviewed by Dave Smith in the latest Druidcast from OBOD, in this interview Gary describes a little bit about the Grove of the Badger and his own experiences within paganism. It is a good listen, as Druidcast tends to be

I am currently learning about shamanism but still have a long way to go

People who combine Druidry and Wicca in their beliefs and practice are quite common and to be expected in my experience there is nothing unusual in this

Angela Lawton
    Participant

I joined OBOD in the early 2000s and sent for their course but didn’t complete it. I don’t know much about witches but did study astrology under a white witch as she called herself in the early 1980s when I was 19 years old. We used the old style of working out birth charts plotting stars on charts not computer aided astrology. I don’t remember much about her beliefs as a witch but she talked a bit about other people’s energy and protection and topics such as that.

Angela Lawton
    Participant

I should have said plotting planets on charts not stars. It was a very long time ago.

Dave the Druid
    Participant

Greywolf,
    Chief.
    Thank you for the history of how the BDO was founded. I think our Wiccan roots are showing.

I came to be a Druid after reading a number of history books on the Celts. I realized that I was able to check all but 2 of the things that the Druids were credited with doing. I have studied astrophysics, hold degrees in both history and sociology. After my second visit to Avebury I returned to my lodgings and meditated on Druids and Druidry. I declared myself a Druid, not knowing or caring if there were others. I continued studying the Celts and Druids. Stepping out into the world I am more concious of my connection in it to all things. Walks in the woods allow me to be connected to the trees in and wildlife in deeper ways.
    My rituals tend to be simple and based on seasonal occurrences. I have always felt that a Druid is at home in the woods as I am.
    When I was ordained, a great deal of studying was spent on Druidry and wicca. I made the mistake of seeing Druids and witches as separate belief systems. I have met a number of witches and I treat them with the utmost respect. It is my hope that perhaps we can share information.
    I never had a spirit guide, a part of shamanic practice. I even had an exchange with Bobcat about it. (Greywolf, if you are still in touch Bobcat please tell her that I said hello.) So I became Dave the Druid. I have recently become the recipient of a spirit guide, namely a bear. It was passed to me by a Mikmaq medicine woman. I wanted to be a wolf but the universe has a sense of humour.
    We, Druids and Witches, have more in common than I thought.

Peace and Harmony
    Dave the Druid

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept