Connecting with the Creative?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Noel
    Participant

Greetings,

I was wondering how you all combined your spiritualism with your creative abilities as focused on in the Bardic course, and if combining them is absolutely mandatory to being a “good” Druid?

Admittedly I’ve always connected more to the topics listed in the later grades and have found it hard to sync the two together despite already being both a spiritual person and a writer before taking these courses. I’d love to hear all of your thoughts?

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hi there.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but I don’t quite follow …

Noel
    Participant

No worries, apologies for the confusing question.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that as a writer I have no issue being creative for things outside spirituality, and consuming works made by other people can often trigger my emotions in a spiritual way. But I’m finding a hard time connecting my interest in writing (or the arts) to my own work as a Bard.

Perhaps the answer is actually very simple and I’m overcomplicating things, but I keep wondering if there’s a “proper” way to combine Druidry with one’s creative talents.

tony1kenobi
    Participant

I I think you can be creative in any role. For example I work in IT and very often I will be given a document to write. If I don’t think all the sections in the document are needed I will just skip them, and if I think some are missing I will add them. I am not afraid to change the document, so in a sense I think that is creative. I am not a writer or artist, but if I was, I would probably write stories inspired by Celtic Mythology, Gods and Goddesees. I would paint pictures based on my understanding of Celtic Life and symbols. I think I would not worrry about whether what I was doing is the right way or the proper way I would just do it and see what happens. I am sure that whatever appears on the page will be very splendid indeed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.