Cell of Song Question

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Cell of Song Question

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lorrainejones
    Participant

Hi all. Just wondering what to do should my Awen piece be a physical piece of artwork? It is highly likely since I’m not much of a writer of prose or poetry. Does the work itself need to be submitted or would a photo documentary of its creation suffice. I live in the state of Georgia in the USA and not sure how this should work. I sent a question via the email: tutors@druidry.co.uk on 1-6-24 but as of yet have received no response to it so I don’t know if I will receive a response to the Cell of Song question I just submitted there either. Thanks for any guidance available!

C.Lo.Jones

Dowrgi
      Participant

Hi Lorraine,

First, it’s probably better to discuss these things with your tutor. Nevertheless, I see no reason why a piece of artwork could not be your submission or at least part of it, although it might need to be accompanied with some written work so as to contextualise it. Why not use the artwork resulting from the Cell of Song as inspiration for a piece of poetry or a song? You may surprise yourself if you give it a try. I’m sure there’s a wonderful piece of poetry or prose inside everyone, you just have to find the key to ‘unlock’ the door, so to speak.

As for contacts, try e-mailing your tutor again, perhaps if you include some photos, too, it could help you out with your dilemma. The e-mail address you have is different from the one I have used. Why not try bdotutor@gmail.com and mark it for the attention of your personal tutor?

Anyway, sorry if I can’t be of more help, but I hope this is of some help.

Good luck with your work and just let the awen flow …

Bennathow
        /|\

lorrainejones
        Participant

Hi Bennathow,

Thanks so much for the email address and encouragement. I was using the one that is included in the downloaded booklets. This is the first time I’ve seen this one and must be why I didn’t receive a response when I asked about a tutor. I do not have a personal tutor and have been moving along on my own. However, I do have a couple of friends in my community who are Ovates in OBOD and 2nd level AODA who have been helpful with my thought processes.

Thanks again,
          Lorraine /|\

Dowrgi
          Participant

Hi Lorraine,

Glad to have been of some assistance. You may find it helpful to post queries about the Bardic Course in the Bardic Course forum, it might get a faster response because the people in that forum are doing the same course.

AODA, haven’t heard that in a long time! I believe the order was reinvigorated a great deal by John Michael Greer. The AODA is interesting as its roots trace back to the revival druid orders of the 18th and 19th centuries.

Anyway, let us know how you get on …

Bennathow (Cornish for ‘blessings’) :-D
            /|\

Greywolf
            Keymaster

Hi Lorraine,
              Awen manifests in many ways, so we’re flexible about what form Cell of Song pieces take. The main driver should be that your piece, whatever form it takes, reflects your own awen. The other primary criterion is that it needs to reach us in a form that allows us to see your awen made manifest. Poetry is the traditional format, but we appreciate that not everyone works that way, so we’re open to prose, paintings, music, dance, video, etc., presented as pdf files, jpegs, etc.. It’s hugely helpful if you provide a prose piece that tells us about your cell of song experience and gives us some background or commentary on your work. It also helps greatly if you include two or three additional pieces produced during your course.
              Hope that helps!
              Many blessings,
              Greywolf /|\

lorrainejones
              Participant

Thank you for getting back with me on this! I will be sure to send ample documentation of whatever comes to me!

Melanie Willows
                Participant

Thanks Dowrgi for the second email address. I submitted an email for my Cell of Song on the 21st May using both email addresses. I received an auto reply from technical support, so I know that it has definitely been received. That alone is a big relief. Without an auto reply, it is hard to know if something big with photos in for example, has been received or rejected by email settings. The reply warned that everyone was volunteers, so a response wouldn’t be instant.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
                  Participant

Hey – how did that guy get away with Posting an Email Address?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.