- June 23, 2021 at 5:31 pm #13651damien emsleyParticipant
Just wanted some advice when casting a circle i don’t have a lot of room so when moving to each of the cardinal points do i just stay in the centre and just rotate my self around from there.June 27, 2021 at 9:17 am #13659david pooleParticipant
I have not tried it in that way before, I have little space at home but usually move around a very small circle and address each of the quarters as I come to them. I can’t imagine there being anything wrong with the way in which you are doing this, if all of the key elements are in there then the circle has been raised and everything else should also work, it’s all in the intention.June 27, 2021 at 12:35 pm #13660DowrgiParticipant
This is what I do, broken down into steps. Feel free to ignore this completely if you so wish. 🙂
1. Make sure that I am clean, as in showered, focuses and with clean clothes. 🙂
2. Make sure the place to be used is clean and tidy. I find that focusing on the cleaning and tidying is also very meditative. If this is outside, then tidying up litter or generally showing a bit of respect for the place in question is part of it all in my book.
3. “Clean the unseen” – music, incense, meditation and so on. I usually use the incense to clean and bless the four directions – working clockwise.
4. From the middle space, I salute the spirits of the four cardinal points, moving clockwise and beginning in the East. The scope with me is meditative, the aim being to unite the four directions and four elements with the unifying fifth direction and element of spirit. I hope that make some sense. I usually use variations of this formula: “Spirit(s) of the East, where the sun rises, purify, bless and protect this me/this space/etc.”
5. Deal with whatever is to be focused on, with me, at the moment, it’s a lot of meditation, so I would also recommend a mat or something comfortable to sit on.
6. The closing is the same as the opening, in a sense, but moving anti-clockwise.
7. Remember to close and be thankful.
8. If this is outside somewhere, please tidy up afterwards. The only thing you should leave is the odd footprint and the only thing you should “take” is the positive energy! I find it very depressing when places are left with litter, candle wax, generally trashed and whatnot – I don’t think that’s in the spirit of things.
It’s a good idea to have a compass or to know the exact directions of the space you’re working in.
This is very generic, I know, but I hope it gives you something at least to think about.
/|\September 9, 2021 at 8:13 am #13895Archemedion-the-MageParticipant
I have been circle casting for over 40 years and I can say that you can adapt it for the space you are using so rotating around on the same spot is no less effective than walking around in alarge circle. I have done it everywhere from wild moors and dark woods, to community centres and tiny box rooms. Best tip I can give is: its in the performance – put your soul into it, act as if you are performing it in front of your Gods.September 28, 2021 at 7:10 pm #13990Mark ScalesParticipant
This is great information thank you as I am struggling for space myself as my daughter seems to take up every room with her things at home nowadays.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.