Calling Ceridwen a witch is disrespectful to the Goddess

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Calling Ceridwen a witch is disrespectful to the Goddess

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Calling Ceridwen a witch is disrespectful to the Goddess

Calling Ceridwen a witch is disrespectful to the Goddess. Ceridwen is the great goddess of mother earth, one of the triple goddesses, each an aspect of the Mother Goddess. Just take a look at all of those Taliesin stories that outrightly are sacrilegious to the great Goddess. Storyteller after storyteller talks about Ceridwen the witch. And this happens for three reasons. First many neo-pagans are into witchcraft and not druidry. Second the Christianization of the story to make the druid goddess look evil. And third plain ignorance of the storytellers, who can’t understand that the stories are not about a witch but a Goddess. To call the great Goddess, goddess of grain, and herbs and earth power, and spiritual power, a witch is just completely disrespectful of the sacred, and druids who do it, should know better.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

I have never heard of Ceridwen being referred to being a Deity of Wicca Paganism before.

But what is so bad about Ceridwen being called a Deity of Wicca Paganism anyways?

3X3

david poole
    Participant

I have never heard of Cerridwen being called a witch either. I am guessing that Brigid is another one of the triple goddesses, but who is the last one? The Morrigan?

Anonymous

Hi David, it is our lovable friends at obod who call her a witch over and over in their training material. they have a little creepy voice on the dvd’s calling her a witch when they tell the Taliesin story. look, the obod is what it is, and there are a lot of good people who get into it. It is just I found when I was on their boards that some people got quite mean. It did not feel like a safe environment. and remember, they boast some 20,000 members, and I think they have more. But I am sure the obod knows what I am talking about and is aware that there is a lot of bad vibes on their boards. The morrigan is not a triple goddess, however, she is a Irish goddess, and even can be traced to the European Celts.
    She is a goddess of war, and change, and death, and you will find many druids really get into her and her cult. She will shake things up, but she is also wonderful in creating change in your life. When you are working with any of these goddesses remember that they are very powerful forces, and will be in your life if you ask them to. The third of the triple is Rhiannon, she is the Celtic horse goddess, and remember that the Celts loved their horses. but it was pointed out to me that looking at them as a triple goddess is not the way the druids view them, and I agree, I think each goddess is separate. I have a great time visioning how much warfare and carnage there was in the early times, and how bloody it must have been. the veil between world was thinner then and people actually could see the gods and goddesses walking among them. so much has changed, now war will be fought with drones and computers and robots. and even the bad guys will start killing people by sending drones after them. and we are lucky to live in some of the free countries, just think how much government control the Chinese government has over its people, and all the evil things they do to their people. as druids, we are the good guys and working in our own ways to make the world better. best William

david poole
    Participant

Thank you William, I am glad to find out that Rhiannon is part of the three mentioned there. I was sure, however, that the Morrigan is herself a threefold goddess; I am sure that she is referred to by three different names, I think the other two are Macha and Banba? That would make her a triple goddess in her own right. Don’t forget that the Morrigan is also associated with cattle, making her a goddess of fertility and prosperity as well as a war goddess.

Anonymous

Hello David, the other thing that I found strange is that Merlyn was said to have a father that was a demon, and the Merlyn stories came from the 11th century, and by then the
    church were call the good folk, the gentry, demons, and the church demonized the faery world. so Merlyn father would have been a faery, or other world being. Still, not all faeries are
    said to be good and nice, and some are quite dangerous. Christianity has been at war with the otherworld for a long time and don’t think the church doesn’t know about them. Demonizing the faeries
    is like demonizing nature, because the faery world is so involved with nature. I have also been behind the scenes at churches and they don’t like the faeries at all. I don’t see how we are going to bring back the relationship with nature and mankind without acknowledging the existence of the faery world. best William

Dannorix
    Participant

Hi William, there’s an interesting book about the rift between nature and men in connection with the Grail and the Faery Accord. The Lost Book of The Grail by Caitlin and John Matthews.
    It examens in detail a so called prequel to the Grail Myth: The Elucidation, which is about King Amangons and the rape of the Maidens of the Wells and all its horrid consequences. It really show how the Grail Myth is connected with far older pagan lore. It’s a pretty complex book and knowledge of Arthurian lore is needed, but it’s a really rewarding read.

Anonymous

Hi Dannorix, Sounds very druidry, I will have to check it out, thanks so much, best William

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.