Bardic Walks with Kevan Manwaring, Avebury area, The Henge Shop

Home Forums BDO Public Forum Bardic Walks with Kevan Manwaring, Avebury area, The Henge Shop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    david poole
    Participant

Kevan Manwaring will be giving a series of guided walks around the Avebury area covering places such as the Avenue, the Sanctuary, Silbury Hill and West Kennet Long Barrow (don’t know if he’s going to Swallowhead Springs let’s hope so). The price for these will be £5.00 per person. These walks will be occurring every two weeks. I noticed that 22nd March will be one of them, they will continue for every two weeks after that. I am not sure if there is one on the 8th, there might be. Please contact The Henge Shop for further details. events@hengeshop.com or 01672 539229 I will let you all know if I find out anything more.

Greywolf
    Participant

Hi David,
    Good spot and thanks for posting. Kevan’s a great guy, a long-term friend of the BDO and a wonderful bardic story-teller. The people who run the Henge Shop are really nice too, so great to see them coming together in my favourite spot on the planet 🙂
    Greywolf /|\

david poole
    Participant

Thank you Philip. The start date is indeed March 22nd, there will be a series of walks after this at fortnightly intervals. . The meeting time will be 10am outside the shop. Kevan can be contacted at kevanmanwaring@yahoo.co.uk I had a quick look at his website earlier, but there was no mention of the walks; you can find out lots about Kevan, but it needs just a little bit of updating. I think his books were covered on there though, along with many other things. Kevan will be present for several author signings throughout the year which is great news; you will be able to talk to him, ask questions, ask about bardism. What an opportunity. Kevan’s first appearance should be for the summer solstice.

The Henge Shop Events section can be found at:

https://www.hengeshop.com/pages/upcoming-events

All details will be going out on the website around mid week, so keep your eyes peeled.

The Henge Shop has very limited stocks of The Bardic Handbook, but it must be popular; it keeps reappearing every time it sells out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.