Bardic Journal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Darryl Jones
    Participant

Greetings

Thank you for your message I have been writing things in and try to keep it going its good to hear that its looked at again a bit later in the course, if it works it’s a good system, I have been writing more poetry lately and I am enjoying getting back to writing again.

Take care

Blessed be

Darryl

melvynwest
    Participant

Journaling for me has always been difficult. I have never kept personal diaries, and find most of my spare time is taken up reading and trying to acquire more spiritual knowledge.

Eadha
    Participant

Morning, all.
    I’ve started the course at the end of November.
    I don’t journal every day, but what I’m doing with it is writing about the exercises in the course, anything that strikes me on my walks, any bits of poetry, and, to an extent, how I’m feeling on a given day.
    I’m also noting impressions from meditations, dreams and stuff.

With the story memorising, I learned two bits from Taliesin – the bit that starts ‘First, I have been formed a comely person…’ which I chose because it’s basically a list, so I learned it by attaching images to numbers like the course material suggests, and the bit ‘primary chief bard am I…’
    I have the words, mostly, but can only recite it if I sit dead still with my eyes shut. Heh.
    Next I’m working on a freer story, an Inuit story, The Stone Child.
    Nice to ‘meet’ you all.
    BTW,Daryll, the idea of writing a part of my life story as a Story never occurred to me. That’s really exciting.
    Cheers
    Stella

david poole
    Participant

I used to fill my journal with dreams, now I do that less frequently. On one occasion I had something like seven or eight dreams in a row! That took most of a night, my sleep was really broken. At some point I might go back and maybe find something strange or inspiring. Another thing which goes into my journal are my personal thoughts and feelings. Plans go into my journal, encounters, things which I have done or want to do. It has become very varied, and not just dreams, which it was originally meant to be.

Darryl Jones
    Participant

Greetings David

Thanks for the reply it’s so useful getting all this info I’m currently just putting in anything and everything which isn’t always useful, I have been writing my dreams in but sometimes forget what I was dreaming about by the time I get to writing in it as I have early starts with work, I think I need to concentrate more which again isn’t always that easy. I have been writing more poetry lately and I have started a separate journal just for those

Blessed be

Darryl

Anonymous

I think it is good idea to keep some type of book you can write in by the bed, so if you wake up, you can write down what you were dreaming about. Dreams seem to be a portal to the otherworld, and I have been up on the astral planes and met all kinds of faery people, they tend to dress in glittering clothes and it is sometimes too much for my senses. Journals can be dangerous because people who should not be reading them can find them and get to private information. No matter how far we have come, it can still be dangerous to be a druid, and if someone says they are a witch, most people think they are followers of satan. People have been brainwashed for thousands of years and over 9 million witches have been tourtured and Burt and murdered by christians.
    People fear people who communicate with the otherworld. Even gay people are still without their rights in many places in the world. I would be cool about it and personally don’t see a reason for a journal. Best Star tree

david poole
    Participant

I have a dream journal but I don’t currently have a journal for anything else. I do a lot of writing but that is a separate activity, I use my computer a lot for that. The dream journal is moderately helpful; I find that I start to develop thoughts, feelings and sensations while dreaming which I follow through on throughout my day. It has really changed the way that I think, and I think that my writing has improved dramatically as well. There are probably a host of storytelling possibilities within my dream journal which I have not even started to draw upon yet, although I could if I chose to.

Dowrgi
    Participant

I’m not remembering my dreams at all lately, or nothing clear enough to be able to write down. I think it might be this situation that we’re all in and the stress of all the extra work I’m having to do online. I’ve heard that too much screen time isn’t good for your sleep patterns and you need that REM for lucid dreams if I’m not mistaken.

Bennathow.
    /|\

david poole
    Participant

My journal has been of some use for recording, I am finding however that the internet is basically a recording device in itself which can store and replay memories and impressions, like a constantly evolving diary. The problem being that at that moment your thoughts cease to be private and become open to others.

Dowrgi
    Participant

I know what you mean David.

I have been using the OneNote application as the format for my journal. I have mild dyspraxia so I find writing by hand quite taxing. I’m also less keen on the idea of a linear journal written page by page, and prefer having the ability to arrange things into sections. It also has a bit of a scrapbook feel as I can drop images or links into it.

Darryl Jones
    Participant

Greetings Stephanie so nice to hear from you, I had never thought of doing this electronically, I guess it is because I am on the computer so much during my working day. It is a really good idea though how do keep it safe should something go wrong with your computer do you worry about losing your work, I know i worried so much when I finally went digital with my photography, I got really anal backing it all up in so many different places.

Blessed be

david poole
    Participant

I use a physical journal and a pen which means that they are not susceptible to computer crashes, there is always a hard physical record of my experiences and I can go back to refer to something which I wrote at any time. It can get quite surreal as you might imagine.

Roge
    Participant

Hello all. I’ve literally started to dip my toe into the course as of last week and the new path it will take me along. Its already helping me relax by jotting into my journal thoughts and feelings, finding it enjoyable and liberating. The freedom it allows me when putting ideas and questions to paper is already helping me focus and look forwards to the evenings owing to the current climate we’re all living through. When filling in the journal theres no right thing or wrong thing I’m finding. ”Get it all in there”. Happy days all, I look forwards to getting onto FB and tying in with more of you. Stay healthy and safe.

Hi Darryl, bright blessings to you. Sorry I forgot to check back for replies! OneNote is a cloud storage service, so it’s all backed-up online. The other advantage with that is I can access it from anywhere. It’s free to use, you just need a Microsoft account. I’ve been using it for years to store all my ancestry research notes and pictures.

Of course anything really important it doesn’t hurt to save elsewhere, maybe download and put on a USB drive or something, for added security.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.