Bardic Journal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Darryl Jones
    Participant

Greetings and Blessings to you, I have just started on my Bardic course and was wondering how the best way to start my journal would be, I have found a note book but where and how to begin? If you could pass on any information about this I would be most grateful

Darryl

stuartmcquillan
    Participant

Hi Darryl,

I have also just started the Bardic Course. I think the introduction to the course pdf gives you a few ideas what to put in the journal – ideas, dreams, reflections on the course, but it also stresses its up to you exactly how to use it. From what I understand the idea is for you to try to write a little in a day. Something I am currently failing to do…

Stuart

Darryl Jones
    Participant

Hi Stuart

Nice to hear from you and thank you for the reply, I have been working on this and I have also been finding it hard to write something every day I have put in some things that I have found happening in my day to day life and it is getting better now although I am not sure if what I am writing is correct but it is making me look at what I do and opening my eyes and ears to what is happening around me

Blessed be

Darryl

stuartmcquillan
    Participant

Hi Darryl,

Thats great, I think I need to do the same! I also worry a lot about getting it “wrong” and I know it should not matter but its proving a difficult anxiety to shake.

Stuart

Darryl Jones
    Participant

Hi Stuart

I am sure you are worrying over nothing really, I don’t think there is a right or wrong way just the best way for you, it’s good that we have this option to help each other, have you joined the BDO student group on Facebook I did its a good way to chat with other students too

Blessed be

Darryl

stuartmcquillan
    Participant

Darryl,

Thanks, I will get there. I have not joined the FB group yet, but will. It is nice to meet other on similar journeys.

Stuart

Darryl Jones
    Participant

Stuart

It is good to hear from others I agree when you decide to join the Facebook group let me know I will keep an eye out for you

Darryl

Amanda Gisby
    Participant

Hi there,

I started on my bardic course at the beginning of December 19. I currently have about 3 books going at the moment. One for my own study and personal development, altar set ups and rituals etc. My second book is for my personal dream notes, meditation practice. My final book is my bullet journal which helps me organise all of my practices using a pictorial format and keeps me focused on my steps in my journey. This is probably a bit overkill but I’ve really found great enjoyment expressing this awesome journey on paper in a variety of ways.

Blessings

Amanda x

Darryl Jones
    Participant

Greetings Amanda

Wow thank you so much for your reply here I am trying to sort out one journal and you’re on three that’s amazing, I have been putting all of this in the one book never thought about using different ones, I started my bardic course in December 19 also, lovely to hear from you
    Take care
    Blessed be

Darryl x

Amanda Gisby
    Participant

Greetings Darryl,

It’s amazing to be sharing this awesome journey. How is your story learning going? I decided to have a look at the Mabinogi and thought about learning the story of the Lady of the Fountain/Well. I didn’t realise how long the story was but I have been so far able to remember it, never thought that I’d ever be able to remember something like that in my life.
    Anyhows take care, keep in touch,
    Blessings

Amanda x

Darryl Jones
    Participant

Greetings and salutations to you Amanda, yes it is lovely sharing this wonderful journey, I have started learning some stories I have one called stone soup which is an amazing tale, I have also had the inspiration to write more, I was asked what was my earliest memory of writing and storytelling and it provoked me to write in my journal an autobiographical history of what and when I wrote it was really evocative. It is so much nicer to have someone to share this with who is doing the same thing, I will definitely keep in touch

Blessed be

Darryl x

Amanda Gisby
    Participant

Oh wow that is absolutely amazing!!! It’s crazy how we get rushed along with a busy life and forget about these skills which make us who we are. I’m re-visiting poetry again. I forgot how much I enjoyed creating poems and how much of a deeper understand to the subject they give you. Looking forward to see your next updates, speak soon,
    Blessings

Amanda x

Darryl Jones
    Participant

I too have been working on my love of poetry, I have found inspiration in the magpie, I have one that visits the garden and I have found a connection with it. And I have started working on a piece about him.
    Are you on the student Facebook page?
    I joined it after starting the course.
    Blessings to you
    Darryl x

Dowrgi
    Participant

Hello Daryl,

I know what you mean! It’s always a bit tricky to know how to start. I found an old, mostly blank notebook, “recycled” it and then, not knowing where to begin, I started drawing a picture in – basically doodling. Mine is much more of a “scrapbook” approach with everything rolled in one, at least for the time being. To each their own, but I find drawing something – even if it’s just a doodle, helps me focus on it and then the ideas and thoughts start flowing.

Hope that helps.

Bennathow.
    /|\

ps. Re the magpies, there’s quite a lot of interesting folklore surrounding magpies and the folk-augury connected to them too.

mabaso
    Participant

Hello Darryl,

I was struggling immensely with journaling and I have been at this for 6 months now. So, the other day I started to use my phone to record my thoughts as they happened. Now, each night I listen to those recordings and transcribe them into my notebook adding any important thought or detail. I write stories, poetry and sometimes I jot down new music note combinations. It is a bit of a weird method, but it honestly is the only way I have been able to be consistent. This course allows for a lot of self expression, so from my understanding is there is no wrong way to journal. I will mention that later exercises help to bring inspiration into each day and give content for journaling (at least that has been my experience).

Best of Luck and may Awen fill each day
    Wolfe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.