Bardic course end and submissions

The British Druid Order Forums Student Support Forums Bardic Student Support Forum Bardic course end and submissions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Woody
    Participant

Hi,

I have submitted my “Cell of Song”, can anyone tell me how long approval takes?
      Also what are the other pieces I have to submit?
      There are many exercises in the course and I found it a very long read, but its not obvious what else I have to submit.

My cell of Song is not a great literary piece, however it is an honest account of the experiences I have had when “trancing”.

I emailed the tutors, but have not yet had a response. I’ll send a better email.

Kind Regards,
      Woody. /|\

Dowrgi
      Participant

Hello Woody,

The main thing is that you submit your Cell of Song work, then submit whatever else you feel appropriate, this could include art work or photos of projects and so on. When I was doing the Bardic Course, I set myself a challenge to try and write a poem in each one of the traditional metres, albeit not in Welsh, but with the odd bit of Cornish. I submitted this along with some other work, too. Why not include some commentary or feedback on the exercises and how they made you feel, for example?

Bennathow
        /|\

Karin Rainbird
        Participant

I did similar – attempted a poem (in English) in each of the Welsh Englyn metres, and submitted those along with my Cell of Song work which was a painting of Bendigeidfran. I also submitted another painting andsome other freestyle poems. Ive only just submitted them by email this week, so also wondering how long it will be before they are looked at and I get some feedback, so I can move on to the Ovate course. But in the meantime I am reviewing the Bardic course material, as I think I need to read it through two or three times to take it all in.

Woody
          Participant

Well I have started the Ovate course now as I received my Bard certificate by email.
            I submitted an email stating everything I had completed and am in the process of.

I agree with going back over parts of the Bardic course, It is a lot of information to take in, the Ovate course is the same.
            The Ovate course references parts in the Bardic course so it naturally refers you back anyway.

I emailed the tutors, they were very helpful. Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
            Woody

Dowrgi
            Participant

Hi Woody,

Well done on the completion of your Bardic course. Welcome to the Ovate course, too …

Bennathow
              /|\

Melanie Willows
              Participant

Do you only submit work at the end of the course and not by batch of booklets?

Dowrgi
                Participant

Hello Melanie,

You can submit work throughout your course if you wish, however, your final work is submitted, once you feel ready, at the end. I’m still working on mine for the Druid course.

Bennathow
                  /|\

Melanie Willows
                  Participant

Thank you Dowrgi. The course said to share on here and let the tutors know how you are responding to the course. At the end of booklets 1-4, I sent an email with photos on the 12th of August to the tutor address. I’m not sure if it was filtered as junk; or if the tutors are inundated and I’m impatient; or if I shouldn’t have sent anything yet, but there’s been no reply.

I’m not technical, so I haven’t worked out how to share the photos of what I’ve made on here as they don’t have a url in my photo library. Are other people on the Bardic Course having the same problem? I know this is a distance learning course and it relies on independent study, but it would be nice to hear from people excited by the same things.

Dowrgi
                    Participant

Evening Melanie,

These forums have their more lively moments and their quieter moments! 😀 Although it seems to have been a bit quiet of late … Patience is a virtue as they say! 🙂 The course tutors are all volunteers, and I think they may be a bit busy, so I’d wait a while. You could always send another message just to check – I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt.

Bennathow
                      /|\

Melanie Willows
                      Participant

Thanks Dowrgi, I sent a message asking about my response to booklets 1-4, back in August and was told that the person replying “hadn’t picked it up but perhaps someone else had” which was a bit disheartening. I re sent, but there was no acknowledgment again. I’m enjoying the course and getting a lot from it but am missing the tutor support. Has anyone else had this problem?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.