Autumnal Equinox Celebrations

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Autumnal Equinox Celebrations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

Awens to All:

This is the Celebration of the Harvests being gathered in. This is a Celebration that is a Work Break from the Harvest Gathering that started with taking in the Early Crops that are Ripe at about Lughnasad. So this Celebration involves Eating and Drinking as much of the Early Harvest as possible. That is especially for the Fruits & Vegetables that tend to go bad before to long.

A lot of Cider, Pickles and Preserves are prepared at about this time so this is the time of year for lots of Jams, Jellies and Pickles are brought out for Tasting Contests. There is also a lot of Beer, Ciders and Meads made for the Winter Festive Drinking.

So what sort of Harvests have you guys been Reaping from your Gardens during your Autumnal Equinox Celebrations?

Today, I am making a Big Pot of Beef Barley Soup to Freeze and have for Work Lunches for the next month or so.

Dave TheDruid-3X3

So far I have dried some nettle leaves for teas, all-heal and lemon balm for tinctures. I will be picking plums,blackberries and hawthorn fruit for fruit leathers.

Dave TheDruid-3X3
    Participant

While I was at Work yesterday, I got a Picture of some Autumnal Equinox Trees that have Changed Color:

Autumnal Equinx Trees

They were the First Trees I have seen this Season that have Changed Color.

I really did not do much else for Celebrating Autumnal Equinox except Text Pictures of those Trees to a few fellow Pagans.

3X3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Read moreAccept