Reply To: Are Druids cursed?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Are Druids cursed? Reply To: Are Druids cursed?

Dave the Druid
Participant

Hi Angela
    Having been bathed in a non practicing Christian/Jewish home and in a society that is confused about it’s religious under pinnings. I’d call it protestant with heavy doses of capitalism. I have spent time in the bible belt where everyone is suspect if you don’t go to the same church. (For fun, look up how many different types of baptist there are.)
    I will say that my own perspective is that Christian teachings are no less valid but I do feel that a Celtic idea is worthy of paying attention to. NB do unto others as you would have done to you. This is a principal to that is nearly universal but a Christian could point to it a a teaching of Jesus.
    Perhaps I am a little bit touchy about so called Christian doctrine. I hope I didn’t offend you.
    One of the great joys for me about being ordained is that I feel free to explore a wide variety of the worlds religions, to see as it were, how others live. This has given me a broader perspective and a sense of humor about religiosity. Try reading Joseph Campbell some time. It will really bake your noodle.

Peace and Harmony
    Dave the Druid