Reply To: Are Druids cursed?

The British Druid Order Forums BDO Public Forum Are Druids cursed? Reply To: Are Druids cursed?

Dowrgi
Participant

Morning Dave,

I may be wrong, but I think the parable of the fig tree is one of those that is full of biblical symbology, the tree is covered in leaves, it’s all there for show, so to speak, yet it bears no fruit and is found wanting. This is connected to a lot of Old Testament symbology about God’s people being like a fruit tree, and the Bible is full of metaphors and symbols connected to trees bearing fruit. The tree appears to be great in full leaf, but in actual fact it’s all superficial and there is no fruit.

As for my previous comment, fundamentally, I think that all spiritual paths teach the same thing, or, put better, they’re all aiming at the same thing, and each person needs to find their own way there. If we believe in a god, multiple deities, a divine consciousness or whatever else, then surely a person’s path is all part of the “big plan”, and it’s not up to us as mere mortals to force our will upon anyone else, nor to disparage their path. If we do this, then we are actually disparaging our own god, deities, divine consciousness or whatever else. I supposed a hardened atheist would say that we’re all arguing about characters from fiction, yet if we do believe in that “something else”, then we should perhaps behave more humbly and accordingly. The words of the Rig Veda come to mind: Ekam sat vipra bahudha vadanti (Rig Veda 1.164:46) “the Truth is one, the wise call it by different names”.

Perhaps the most ancient principle of druid lore, recorded by Diogenes, of honouring the divine, being courageous, and doing no evil, is in its essence in no conflict with any religion, belief system or spiritual path.

Bennathow
    /|\